A Natural Healthcare Approach to Health Optimization and Immune System Support
1. Natural Healthcare and Health Optimization Defined
The use of naturally occurring, bio-active, bio-compatible substances, activities, therapies, energies and thought processes (including visualization and the mind's effects on health and healing, and the postive effects of prayer and faith), and other safe, effective interventions to promote optimal health and healing.
- Natural healthcare related quotes and healing philosophy: https://johnlutz.com/health/quotes/.
- Foundations of health: https://johnlutz.com/#foundations_of_health.
- Definition of orthomolecular medicine: http://orthomolecular.org.
- Principles of naturopathic medicine: https://naturopathic.org/page/PrinciplesNaturopathicMedicine.
- The functional medicine approach: https://www.ifm.org/functional-medicine/what-is-functional-medicine/.
- The intersection of the mind, body, spirit, energy medicine, quantum physics and healing: https://johnlutz.com/health/brain-power/#healing.
- Prayer for victory: https://youtu.be/s54HjG2HzLc, https://www.youtube.com/c/TonySpell/videos.
2. 100,000+ studies in support of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare as primary healthcare interventions for healthcare concerns, including immune system support
The following books highlight up to 16,800 research studies per book in support of the use of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare as primary interventions for healthcare concerns, or as additions to other healthcare interventions: https://johnlutz.com/books/#health.
3. The anti-infective nutrient
There are currently 41 nutrients classified as essential nutrients by the U.S. government (the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine, of the National Academies): 14, vitamins, 15 minerals, 9 amino acids, 2 fatty acids, and water. Do you know which one was originally called the anti-infective nutrient? And, a better question: why has this information not been communicated to the public? Hints: it’s not a mineral, an amino acid, a fatty acid, or water. So, it’s a vitamin. And, it’s not vitamin C, or vitamin D. The answer is vitamin A: https://johnlutz.com/nutrients/vitamins/a/. Highlighted research article: "Revealing the targets and mechanisms of vitamin A in the treatment of Covid-19": https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32805728/. Dandelions greens (commonly growing in yards and parks) are a top source of vitamin A (actually, plant source precursors to vitamin A called carotenoids, including alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin and others): https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2441/2.
4. Have you heard the news about zinc?
Zinc has over 2,000 currently known essential functions in human health. It is involved in virtually every aspect of immune system function, and it is a common deficiency, especially for seniors, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22222917/. One common cause of deficiency: seniors are often taking 5-10 or more pharmaceutical drugs, which commonly deplete 2-15 essential vitamins and minerals for health per drug (https://naturalpharmacist.net/dind/), and each essential nutrient has hundreds to thousands of currently known, essential functions in human health. The drug hydroxychloroquine helps cells uptake zinc more effectively, but it comes with side-effects, https://www.drugwatch.com/hydroxychloroquine/side-effects/ (although possibly not a major concern for short-term use, which is common for use for covid-19 treatment, together with zinc: https://www.townsendletter.com/article/445-6-covid-hydroxychloroquine-caper/). A naturally occurring nutrient, quercetin (contained within many fruits, citrus, apples, berries, greens, other foods, and nutritional supplements in higher potency) has been shown to produce a similar effect, without the side-effects https://doctormurray.com/is-quercetin-natures-magic-bullet-against-covid-19/. Some of quercetin's food sources and known health benefits: https://www.quercetin.com/overview/dietary-sources-of-quercetin. Common covid-19 symptoms are loss of taste and smell, which are textbook zinc deficiency symptoms. Related research: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32754164/, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=zinc+deficiency+covid-19.
5. Vitamin C has been proven to be effective against every virus it has ever been tested against
Vitamin C has been proven to be effective against every virus it has ever been tested against (as long as it is given at an effective dose, which is the same for other healthcare interventions), including polio (60 out of 60 cases cured in the 1930s, and it was written up in Time Magazine, at the time; see the below list of links for related info), HIV and covid-19: a recent study showed 2/3 less deaths from covid-19 with the use of this one nutrient, http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n50.shtml. See also: https://youtu.be/KIcWskZUS3A. Nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare are, of course, much more broad and extensive therapies than the use on one nutrient for healing. In fact, each plant has over 10,000 nutritional components, and over 100,000 nutritional, healthful components of food have been identified! So, there is simply no nutritional supplement, no drug, no vaccine, no medical therapy, etc. that can replace or substitute for the positive health effects of a diet which contains a variety of unrefined foods in their natural (ideally organic) state. See http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/index.shtml and https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=vitamin+c+covid-19 for the latest news and research in support of vitamin C against covid-19.
- Video: The two most basic vitamins, part 1, Vitamin C, by Jonathan Wright, MD, ND (Hon): https://youtu.be/ITVJO6UZ5-Y.
- Video: High dose vitamin C therapy for major diseases, by Andrew Saul, PhD: https://youtu.be/W5Bgdqsorg0.
- Additional detailed information on vitamin C's many well-proven health effects (83 supporting research studies cited): http://bit.ly/detailed-info-on-vitamin-c.
- This is not new information (it's just not patentable or highly profitable):
- 1949 article: http://bit.ly/1949-article-treatment-of-polio-and-other-virus-diseases-with-vitamin-c.
- 1982 book: The Healing Factor: Vitamin C Against Disease, by Irwin Stone, with forwards by Nobel Prize winners Dr. Linus Pauling, and Dr. Albert Szent-Gyorgi.
- 2011 book: Curing the Incurables, by Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD. Presents information from 1,200 supporting studies on vitamin C's many positive health effects (see the table of contents): http://bit.ly/curing-the-incurables-vitamin-c-book-1200-studies.
- 2019 article: Also by Dr. Levy, on a nutritional supplement showing positive results helping our bodies produce vitamin C: http://formula216.com/pill-maintain-vitamin-c-levels-delivering-promise/.
- 2021 free ebook by Dr. Levy (name and e-mail address not required): Rapid Virus Recovery - No Need to Live in Fear! Includes over 600 peer reviewed studies from medical journals: https://rvr.medfoxpub.com.
6. Vitamin D (and natural healthcare) -- bad news for covid-19
A growing list of studies have found that incidence, severity and death from covid-19 is inversely correlated with vitamin D levels: http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v17n01.shtml, https://vdmeta.com. Similar research is available for vitamin C, zinc, vitamin A, magnesium, selenium and other nutrients, which is essentially (or a large part of) the natural healthcare approach for healthcare concerns: focus on promoting health, and most conditions will go away on their own, or be prevented. One way to promote health is to regularly obtain high levels of nutrients known to promote health! Related info in the below video:
Video: The two most basic vitamins, part 2, Vitamin D, by Jonathan Wright, MD, ND (Hon): https://youtu.be/LzAG2Iqik-A. This video includes information on vitamin D studies showing the lowering all cause mortality (lower deaths from cancer, heart attacks, stokes, diabetes, "whatever the problem, you less likely to die of it, if you have more vitamin D," with the exception of deaths due to physical accidents and harm, such as car accidents or being run over by a truck, "even if that truck is loaded with vitamin D, you're still dead!"; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14985208/; https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/vitamin-D#mortality); a vitamin D dependent method our bodies use to lower blood pressure; vitamin D's role in helping our bodies produce our own germ killers ("yes, our bodies can make what we would loosely call antibiotics, if we have enough vitamin D, and if we don't have enough vitamin D, our bodies can't make those -- this is for real; we can actually make our own germ fighting substances in our own bodies [cathelicidins] if we have enough vitamin D"; 80% less type 1 diabetes (for infants given 2,000 IU for 1 year after birth, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11705562/); beneficial effects on hormonal balance for men and women; reduction of rates of breast cancer and fibroids; the slowing of genetic signals that lead to multiple sclerosis; and vitamin's D role in pain reduction, and even a reduction in falls in the elderly. "Vitamin D is required if we are going to live as long and as healthy as we can." The doctor states that studies suggest that 60-100 ng./ml. is the optimal level. See also: https://www.meridianvalleylab.com/the-essential-nutrient-you-need-more-of-and-how-to-get-it-absolutely-free/.
Over 2,700 currently known functions of vitamin D have been discovered, 300 of which are directly related to immune system function. And, vitamin D deficiency is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies. https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/micronutrient-inadequacies/overview#vitamin-D.
A name you may be hearing a lot about soon: Robert Edgar Hope-Simpson (a physician born in 1908, who lived to be 95 years old) -- Is Susceptibility to Flu (and the above links strongly indicate possibly covid-19) a Seasonal Vitamin Deficiency Symptom?
Wiki quote, 3/10/21: "His career-long interest in the manner of transmission of the influenza virus was first stirred by the great epidemic of 1932–33, the year in which he entered general practice. It culminated in a book, published in 1992, which questioned the theory of person-to-person transmission being enough to explain the simultaneous appearance of influenza in places far apart. His initial hypothesis proposed that the cause of influenza epidemics during winter may be connected to a seasonal influence. His later research suggested that the correlation may be due in part to a lack of vitamin D during the wintertime, after documenting that influenza A epidemics in temperate latitudes peak in the month following the winter solstice. His findings were based not only on observation in his practice, but also on extensive historical research into past epidemics."
Recent researchers have come to the same conclusion: "Epidemic influenza and vitamin D: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16959053/. "We conclude that vitamin D, or lack of it, may be Hope-Simpson's "seasonal stimulus" (the seasonal-related factor, causing low levels of vitamin D, and an increase in flu cases).
- Before the discovery of vitamin C, it was commonly thought that scurvy was an infectious disease. It turned out to be a deficiency of vitamin C.
- Currently, on clinicaltrials.gov, there are over 80 clinical trials for vitamin D for prevention or treatment of covid-19: http://bit.ly/vitamin-d-clinical-trials.
- An excellent article signed by over 200 scientists and doctors, calling for increased vitamin D use to combat Covid-19, due to current research studies indicating a highly positive impact in prevention and treatment of covid-19: https://vitamindforall.org/letter.html.
- Related quote from Richard H. Carmona, MD, the 17th Surgeon General of the U.S.: "We are often enamored by high tech treatments but the history of medicine is replete [filled with, or abundantly provided] with examples of commonly overlooked basic nutritional physiology. I applaud the [above document's] signatories' efforts and dedication at raising international awareness about vitamin D. ... [T]heir encouragement to consider widespread vitamin D supplementation has little chance of harm but a tremendous potential for good."
- Our bodies produce the most active form of vitamin D and other health-promoting photoproducts from sunlight: https://johnlutz.com/health/sunlight/.
- Place mushrooms in sunlight to greatly increase vitamin D to high/very high levels (a top food source): https://www.mushroomcouncil.com/vitamin-d/, https://fungi.com/blogs/articles/place-mushrooms-in-sunlight-to-get-your-vitamin-d, https://www.cookinglight.com/news/depression-fighting-vitamin-d-uv-mushroom-technique.
- For those who would like to know their body's level of vitamin D, "25-OH Vitamin D" tests are available from www.meridianvalleylab.com and other labs for about $70, and blood draws can be provided from places such as www.anylabtestnow.com and sent to the lab, and the results will be sent to you by mail within 1-2 weeks' time.
7. NIH, 2012: "In healthy individuals...pathogens cause no disease."
Health promotion and optimization as methods of disease prevention and treatment: https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-human-microbiome-project-defines-normal-bacterial-makeup-body.
The number of bacteria, viruses and other pathogens in, on and around us all of the time: https://www.nature.com/articles/nrmicro2644. "If all the 1 × 1031 viruses on earth were laid end to end, they would stretch for 100 million light years [a light-year is a unit of length used to express astronomical distances, and it is equivalent to about 5.88 trillion miles; 100 million light years x 5.88 trillion miles/light year = 588,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles. Put another way: 148,372,445,117,335,352 times the distance of the diameter (width) of the earth.] Furthermore, there are 100 million times as many bacteria in the oceans (13 × 1028) as there are stars in the known universe." Possibly the germophobes are missing a few (or a few trillion trillion)! Should we stop swimming in the oceans?
8. "All essential nutrients are essential for immune system function."
Article on the immune system supporting benefits and anti-covid-19 research on vitamin D, vitamin C, quercetin, NAC, zinc, selenium, B vitamins, and vitamin A. https://doctormurray.com/natural-medicine-for-covid/.
Healthy cells for healthy immune system function: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=19.
9. Organic food (food in its natural state) or food + pesticides for health?
“With respect to nutrient content, organically grown fruits and vegetables - on average - appear to contain about 15% higher levels of nutrients than conventionally grown fruits and vegetables.” http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=17. See the Environmental Working Group’s list of the foods highest in pesticides, https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/dirty-dozen.php, and the foods lowest in pesticides: https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/clean-fifteen.php. See also: https://www.whatsonmyfood.org, and select any food on the right list, to see the many non-food, harmful ingredients added to non-organic food. For information on the adverse health effects of pesticides and other toxins, see The Toxin Solution -- How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health -- And What We Can Do To Fit It, by Joe Pizzorno, ND, and Clinical Environmental Medicine -- Identification and Natural Treatment of Disease Caused by Common Pollutants, by Pizzorno and Walter Crinnion, ND (https://johnlutz.com/books/#health, item #'s 4.2 and 4.3). Studies by Dr. Crinnion on organic foods, nutrient levels, and adverse health effects of toxins: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=crinnion+alternative+medicine+review.
Additional information on supporting the body's detoxification systems: https://johnlutz.com/health/detoxification/.
10. Raw foods vs. cooked foods
Various food cooking and processing methods leave little nutritional value left in foods. For example, approximately 30% of the vitamin C in foods is lost when food is frozen, and 50-80% or more is lost through common cooking methods. In general, about 40-50%, or more, of the vitamins and minerals which have been determined to be essential for human health, a strong immune system, and prevention (and treatment: see https://johnlutz.com/books/#health for thousands of supporting research studies and nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare research summaries for healthcare concerns) of many healthcare concerns are lost when food is cooked, including all of the enzymes contained in food (enzymes are more heat-sensitive than other nutrients; they are destroyed by cooking foods above 118°F, such as during most cooking methods and during pasteurization, canning and microwaving: https://nutritiondata.self.com/topics/processing). Enzymes are catalysts for reactions in our bodies, and they help digestion, support the immune system in multiple ways (including by breaking down the protective coating on certain viruses), help prevent nutritional deficiencies, help normalize inflammation, and help promote detoxification and the elimination of waste products.
Make your own produce wash solution, from Eating Clean for Dummies, by Jonathan Wright, MD and Linda Larson (https://johnlutz.com/books/#health, #1.2): 1 C white vinegar, 1 C water, 1 TBS baking soda, 1 tsp of salt in a spray bottle and shake well. Spray on fruits and vegetables. Let stand 5-10 min. Rinse well and eat. "You can store this for about a week before you make another batch. You can also rinse your produce, sprinkle it with baking soda, and then gently scrub it using your fingers. Just be sure to rinse your produce well with water before you eat it."
11. Saying goodbye to processed foods, and hello to improved health and improved immune system function
Research indicates that the majority of the food consumed by Americans is in the form of highly processed foods (57.5% of calories, according to one large study; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28193285/) vs. a diet comprised of foods in their natural state, with 0% of calories from highly processed foods. These "foods" are missing large portions of the over 100,000 nutritional components (health promoting substances) known to be contained within different foods (10,000+ healthful, nutritional components per food).
12. Natural Healthcare and Biblical Healing Philosophy
- "Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." World Health Organization Definition of Health
- "The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease." Thomas Edison
- "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein
- "The health of the patient is always the most important thing." Joseph Pizzorno, ND
- "Unfortunately, there are no medications and no surgeries that have ever or will ever cure lifestyle-induced diseases." Brenda Davis, RD
- "The most pervasive and silently accepted crisis in America today is the ill health of our people. We must change our fundamental approach from a traditional disease-driven, treatment-oriented medical model, to one that deals with the real problem of improving people's health." Joseph Pizzorno, ND
- "Iaomai" - the Greek word used in the Bible to describe healing.
- "Healing, particularly as supernatural and bringing attention to the Lord Himself as the Great Physician."
- "Draws the attention to the Lord, the supernatural Healer, i.e. beyond the physical healing itself and its benefits."
- "To heal, make whole, to cure, to perform healing." http://biblehub.com/greek/2390.htm
- The Liberty Bell got its name from being rung July 8, 1776, to call the citizens of Philadelphia together to hear the Declaration of Independence read out loud for the first time. Inscribed on the Liberty Bell is: "Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof." Leviticus 25:10
13: 100,000+ studies in support of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare
100,000+ studies in support of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare as primary healthcare interventions for healthcare concerns, including immune system support: The following books highlight up to 16,800 research studies per book in support of the use of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare as primary interventions for healthcare concerns, or as additions to other healthcare interventions: https://johnlutz.com/books/#health.
14. Welcome to the Field of Orthomolecular Medicine
Orthomolecular medicine means correct, or right molecule medicine -- the use of nutrients and substances normally present in the body in therapeutic amounts to promote optimal immune system function, optimal health, and healing (rather than the use of synthetic, man-made, patentable substances that do not occur in nature, such as pharmaceutical products). The term was originally coined by Linus Pauling, the vitamin C advocate, and two-time Nobel Prize winner. The orthomolecular.org website highlights information from physicians and researchers from around the world with expertise in the use of naturally occurring substances for health promotion. For current orthomolecular medicine news articles, scroll 1/2 way down this page: http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/index.shtml.
"Dietary supplements, including vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, amino acids, flavonoids, herbs, and accessory food factors, are among the most valuable and safe substances for prevention and treatment of serious chronic and acute diseases associated with mortality, as well as everyday health problems that cause discomfort and disability." Health effects of nutritional supplements on healthcare concerns, including virual healthcare concerns, brain function, heart health, blood pressure, vision, diabetes and longevity: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2695174/.
15. No deaths - none - zero (or, extremely close to zero) - from vitamins and minerals
According to the following reports:
- 2019 Report: http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v17n06.shtml
- 2015 Report: http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v13n02.shtml
- 2013 Report: http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v11n01.shtml
- 1983-2009 Report: http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v07n05.shtml
- 97,000x safer than properly administered pharmaceutical drugs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6U70Txtfg
- A healthcare system in need of change: http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/2005/pdf/2005-v20n01-p021.pdf
16. Outstanding video: The proven roles of nutrients in healthcare
Video: Alan Gaby, MD, speaking on the proven roles of nutrients in healthcare, including for viral healthcare concerns such as coronavirus/covid-19. Dr. Gaby is the author of Nutritional Medicine, https://doctorgaby.com, which cites 16,800 research studies (out of the 100,000 studies that he and his associates have compiled) on nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare for over 400 healthcare concerns.
As Dr. Gaby says, when others say there's no evidence for the natural healthcare approach, "They will quickly change their mind, if the 8 lb. book is dropped on their foot!"
17. Outstanding video #2: 85 years of history and the proven roles of nutrients in healthcare
Video: Timeline and Results of Vitamin Therapy - 1935 to Present, by Andrew Saul, PhD. Research study referenced information on the essential roles of nutrients in health promotion, treatment and prevention of disease. Dr. Saul is the editor of the orthomolecular.org (orthomolecular medicine) website.
18. We live on a green planet. Eat something green every day!
Greens are more nutrient-dense than other food groups. In fact, if a large green salad with a variety of nutrient-dense greens is consumed daily as a (or the) major meal of the day, the average nutrient intake for the 41 essential vitamins and minerals listed above is often 3-6x the RDA/RDI of each essential nutrient -- real health promotion, and real immune system support! https://johnlutz.com/diets/100+rda-from-foods/. See also: https://johnlutz.com/books/juicing/.
19. Sunlight, exercise, oxygen and fresh nature air
Sunlight, exercise, oxygen and fresh nature air are good reasons for taking a walk (even a very short one, around the block, or .25, .5, .75 mi. or more) or jog daily, at sunrise, or in the afternoon sun. Oxygen was used as a therapy for greatly reducing deaths during the 1918 flu, and it has been used as an anti-cancer therapy since the 1920s (https://johnlutz.com/books/#alternative_medicine_definitive_guide). Catching a walk or jog daily helps increase oxygen levels in the body, helps digestion, increases the body’s production of the most active form of vitamin D (and other health promoting photoproducts produced in our bodies when exposed to sunlight), improves circulation, promotes the elimination of wastes, improves the mood, helps promote a healthy bodyweight, improves circulation, helps promote the elimination of wastes, improves the mood, helps promote a healthy bodyweight, and helps reduce anxiety -- all kinds of health benefits (https://johnlutz.com/health/exercise/, https://johnlutz.com/health/sunlight/, https://johnlutz.com/health/fresh-air/). And it’s free. Consuming a diet high in raw produce helps provide much higher levels of nutrients, such as potassium, vitamin C and B vitamins, which are involved in muscle function, energy production and helping provide needed nutrition for physical activity and health promotion.
20. Current articles from world-class experts in the field of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare on immune system function and health optimization (improving overall health as a method of health promotion and fighting disease)
- Articles and videos on safe, effective, natural, proven, non-drug, non-vaccine interventions for immune system support, with hundreds of supporting research studies referenced: https://johnlutz.com/#covid_19.
- Townsendletter.com: 25+ excellent articles on the proven roles of nutrients and natural healthcare therapies in immune system support: https://www.townsendletter.com/coronavirus-covid-19-related-articles/.
- "Covid-19: How can I cure thee? Let me count the ways..." Article by Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD, from July, 2020. “With the treatment options available ... there is certainly no good reason for anyone to die from this virus, much less have a prolonged clinical course of infection with a great deal of needless suffering.” http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n37.shtml. Bio: https://www.peakenergy.com/About-Dr-Levy.php.
- "Nutritional Treatment of Coronavirus," by Andrew Saul, PhD, and the editorial board of the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service: http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n06.shtml.
- "Evidence supporting a phased immuno-physiological approach to covid-19 -- from prevention through recovery" -- the natural healthcare approach, one article with 383 supporting research studies cited: Medical professional level reading, but still readable, if the necessary time is taken to do so (21 pages, 3.5 of which are graphs). One of the authors, Dr. Joe Pizzorno, has been teaching and writing on nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare solutions for immune system support for 45+ years. http://bit.ly/383-studies.
- "Curing Viruses with Hydrogen Peroxide: Can a simple therapy stop the pandemic?" (for less than 10 cents per day), by Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD: http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n43.shtml.
- 75+ things you can do to support your immune system (non-drug, non-vaccine interventions): https://johnlutz.com/#immune_system_support.
21. Natural healthcare healing systems, practice groups, and physician directories
- Orthomolecular Medicine: https://johnlutz.com/health/orthomolecular-medicine/
- Naturopathic Medicine: https://johnlutz.com/health/naturopathic-medicine/
- Functional Medicine: https://johnlutz.com/health/functional-medicine/
- Vision Improvement Therapy/Behavioral Optometry: https://johnlutz.com/health/vision/
- Natural Dental Care/Biological Dentistry: https://johnlutz.com/health/dental/
22. Coronavirus/covid-19 vs. Faith and the Bible
An interesting case that is not being significantly covered in the news: Life Tabernacle Church, in Baton Rouge, LA, has continued to hold church services in person every week during 2020/2021, standing on the Bible verses instructing them to do so (Psalm 35:18; Hebrews 10:25; 2 Timothy 1:7; Acts 2:1; Exodus 20:3; Psalm 91 and others), and standing on the 1st Amendment as it is written. The church uses 33 school buses to pick up 600+ people for Sunday church services, feed everyone weekly, and hold mid-week church services and Bible study classes, for the church of 1,100+ members -- without masks and without social distancing (for the most part), and no one has died of the coronavirus/covid-19. Related information: www.ltcbr.com and https://www.youtube.com/c/TonySpell/videos.
23. Books & News
- The #1, best-selling book of all-time: The Bible, https://www.christianbook.com/page/bibles?navcat=Bibles.
- A different way of thinking about health, healing, healthcare and related topics: https://johnlutz.com/health/quotes/, https://created4health.org/do-doctors-really-heal/.
- Nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare news sources: https://johnlutz.com/news/.
- Top books providing the science in support of the use of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare as primary healthcare interventions, or in addition to other healthcare interventions: https://johnlutz.com/books/#health_condition_reference_books.
24. Related Bible Verses
- 2 Corinthians 1:19-20: "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."
- Romans 12:1-2: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."
- Psalm 91:1-3 (and all of Psalm 91): "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence."
- 2 Timothy 1:7: "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
If you’ve found the above information to be helpful, please share the information with others and consider providing a sponsorship/donation towards the production of ongoing nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare research, web content development, and newsletters.
If you would like to target your support towards the production of a natural healthcare research summary for a specific healthcare concern, such as cancer, blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, or another topic, related requests can be sent to jl [at] johnlutz.com.
- Community Support: $20___: A primary goal for production of this e-newsletter is to provide valuable healthcare information of interest to everyone!
- $100 ___; $250 ___; $500 ___; $1,000 ___; Other: ________
*Donations and sponsorships are not currently tax deductible.
Support can be sent through Zelle, a money transfer service offered by most banks. $0 in fees are charged to senders and recipients. Additionally, Zelle can be used to send funds for free, even if it is not offered by your bank. E-mail addresses (or phone numbers) are used by Zelle to identify recipients, and e-mail messages (or text messages) provide notification of funds successfully sent and received. To provide support, funds can be sent through Zelle to email@example.com.
Or, alternatively, support can be sent by check to JohnLutz.com LLC, PO Box 734, Claymont, DE 19703-0734.
Thank you for your support, and I hope you've found the above information to be helpful and highly informative!
John H. Lutz, III
Home Page Content
3/2/21 Note: Some of the below information is currently being updated.
- Natural Healthcare Links
- Healthcare Quotes
- Foundations of Health
- Fresh Air, Clean Water, Sunlight, Hydrotherapy and Sleep
- Nutrition and Essential Nutrients
- Exercise and Fitness
- Brain Power: The Brain and Healing
- Spiritual Health
- Additional Natural Healthcare Systems
- Healthcare Conditions and Topics
- Declaration of Independence
1. Natural Healthcare Links
- Iaomai - To Heal
- Star Spangled Banner
2. Healthcare Quotes
"Unfortunately, there are no medications and no surgeries that have ever or will ever cure lifestyle-induced diseases." Brenda Davis, RD
"The most pervasive and silently accepted crisis in America today is the ill health of our people. We must change our fundamental approach from a traditional disease-driven, treatment-oriented medical model, to one that deals with the real problem of improving people's health." Joe Pizzorno, ND
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." World Health Organization Definition of Health
Orthomolecular medicine: "The preservation of good health and the treatment of disease by varying the concentrations in the human body of substances that are normally present in the body." Dr. Linus Pauling, on his concept of healthcare, which he termed orthomolecular medicine. Ortho is Greek for "correct" or "right"; orthomolecular medicine literally means the "correct molecule" or "right molecule" medicine.
"If we are going to stay as healthy for as we can for as long as we can, it's super simple: all we have to do is copy what nature does. What I'm saying is, if we have a certain machine, and it's broken, do we get parts for that machine? Or, do we get parts that don't fit the machine. Our bodies are made up of nature's molecules - proteins, carbohydrates and fats, and a whole lot of other natural stuff, but you know there isn't one molecule of a patent medicine, which is also called a drug. But, I prefer to call them what they are. Because you see, we cannot patent nature's molecules, by law. Therefore, if we're going to make megabucks, we have to patent something. So, what scientists are in the very bad habit of doing, and this has been going on for the last century, is taking a natural molecule, and changing it just a little bit so it isn't quite natural, and now we can patent [the molecule} , and we can afford to pay los federales at the FDA 1.2 billion dollars, which is what Forbes magazine says it costs to get approval from FDA." Jonathan Wright, MD, https://youtu.be/AzQXmjY_OeI.
"The truth of our medicine will always win out, the truth of what we are doing will always survive." Dr. John Bastyr, naturopathic doctor, and namesake of Bastyr University. Key principles of naturopathic medicine:
- First, do No Harm
- Identify and Treat the Causes
- The Healing Power of Nature (supporting the body's healing systems)
"Iaomai" - the Greek word used in the Bible to describe healing.
- "Healing, particularly as supernatural and bringing attention to the Lord Himself as the Great Physician."
- "Draws the attention to the Lord, the supernatural Healer, i.e. beyond the physical healing itself and its benefits."
- "To heal, make whole, to cure, to perform healing." http://biblehub.com/greek/2390.htm
"The Liberty Bell got its name from being rung July 8, 1776, to call the citizens of Philadelphia together to hear the Declaration of Independence read out loud for the first time. Inscribed on the Liberty Bell is: 'Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof.'" Leviticus 25:10, http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/liberty-bell-called-citizens-to-hear-declaration/.
3. Foundations of Health
- Fresh (nature) air, clean water, sunlight, hydrotherapy, and plenty of sleep.
- Optimizing and maximizing levels of nutrients known to be essential for vitality, health and healing. Some essential nutrients, such as magnesium and zinc, have over 300 known functions in human health!
- Workouts and physical fitness (functional health and fitness).
- Obtaining an effective understanding of current, cutting-edge healthcare from the top books highlighting the over 100,000 studies supporting the use of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare (regenerative medicine), and other related healing systems:
- naturopathic medicine,
- functional medicine,
- innovative nutrition-based medicine health testing (and health optimization),
- individualized healthcare,
- ethical stem cells,
- behavioral optometry (vision improvement therapy),
- biological dentistry (natural, mercury-free, biocompatible dental care) and
- other healthful, non-toxic healthcare interventions.
- Obtaining an effective understanding about optimizing and further utilizing the body's healing systems.
- Obtaining information on healing specific healthcare concerns and topics with safe, effective healthcare methods.
- Getting the mind actively and positively involved in promoting health and healing.
- Spiritual health.
4. Fresh (nature) air, clean drinking water, sunlight, hydrotherapy, and sleep
4.1 Fresh (nature) air
- Negative Ions Benefits for Your Health
- Video: Adverse Effects of Environment Toxins on Health (including indoor air), Joe Pizzorno, ND, author of The Toxin Solution.
4.2 Clean Water
- Health Benefits of Water | Structured Water - The Newly Discovered 4th Phase of Water (beyond liquid, solid, vapor)
- The Body's Many Cries for Water: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty - Don't Treat Thirst with Medication, by F. Batmanghelidj, MD.
- Day After Day ... Patients After Patients .. The Results Prove the Healing Power of Water.
- Water Handout, by Molly Niedermeyer, ND, LM
- Video: Dr. Jonathan V. Wright ~ The Two Most Basic Vitamins, Part 2, Vitamin D (Part 1 was Vitamin C), and Vitamin D's many health benefits highlighted in studies from the major medical journals (hormonal balance for men and women, fibroids, healthy blood pressure, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, chronic back back pain, older people with overall body pain, less falls, immune support/help our bodies make their own antibiotics, and many, many other health benefits; 25-OH is the health test to check your levels, 60-100 ng = the optimal health level; the sun doesn't cause skin cancer [the risk is much lower for the worst kind of skin cancer, melanoma] if you are eating healthfully, (nutrient dense) Mediterranean Diet -- 140 studies cited, melanoma increased 12 fold on the Standard American Diet (SAD); sunscreen doesn't appear to help prevent skin cancer; order Dr. Wright's Green Medicine e-newsletter: 800-230-2762; order a Vitamin D level health test from Dr. Wright's lab)
- Vitamin D: The Essential Nutrient You Need More Of - And How To Get It Absolutely Free, by Jonathan Wright, MD (includes information on Vitamin D and cancer, osteoporosis, hypertension, diabetes, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, rickets and other healthcare concerns)
- Information on Vitamin D from Krauss' Food and the Nutrition Care Process, a Dietetics Textbook:
- "The skin not only makes vitamin D upon exposure to UVB rays [from sunlight], but also makes other photoproducts that cannot be obtained from food or supplements."
- "UVB light cannot pass through glass; exposure of the skin to sunlight through glass will not result in vitamin D synthesis. Another deterrent to vitamin D synthesis by the skin is sunscreen. A sunscreen with an SPF 15 reduces skin synthesis of vitamin D by 95%, and an SPF 30 reduces it by 99%."
- "How much sun exposure is the correct amount to maintain optimal vitamin D levels in the body? A person sunbathing in a bathing suit will have received a dose of between 10,000 and 25,000 IU [the RDA for adults 19 to 70+ is 600 to 800 IU] when he or she has sunbathed long enough to be slightly pink 24 hours later ... Exposing 25% of the body (arms and legs) for 1/4 to 1/2 the time it takes to get slightly pink will allow the body to make 2,000 to 4,000 IU of vitamin D with each exposure."
- "The amount of time necessary for sunlight exposure to produce adequate vitamin D depends on the person's skin type (pale skin requires less time than dark skin with a lot of the burn-protecting pigment melanin), season of the year (the lower the sun on the horizon in the winter, the greater the time needed), the latitude (within + or - 35 degrees from the equator, the most vitamin D can be produced when skin is exposed to UVB rays), and the time of day (more vitamin D is synthesized by the skin when the sun is directly overhead between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM). A person should be exposed to sunlight 2 to 3 times per week from March through October in northern climates to accumulate enough vitamin D to get through the winter with adequate vitamin D. See Holick for tables [1, Dr. Holick's website] of time of sun exposure needed to make adequate amounts of vitamin D. Several apps are also available to determine this -- Vitamin D Calculator, Vitamin D Pro, and D-Minder."
- "Beside being in bone, receptors for vitamin D have been identified in the gastrointestinal track, brain, breast, nerve, and many other tissues. Vitamin D maintains adequate serum calcium and phosphate concentrations to prevent hypocalcemic tetany [overly stimulated neuromuscular activity]. It also modulates cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function, and reduction of inflammation. Many genes that encode for the regulation of cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis are modulated by vitamin D ... https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminD-HealthProfessional/."
- Top food sources:
- Cod liver oil, 1 TBS: 1,360 IU
- Maitake mushrooms, raw, 3 oz: 943 IU
- Swordfish, cooked, 3 oz: 566 IU
- Salmon, cooked, 3 oz: 447 IU
- Portabella mushrooms, exposed to UV light, raw, 3 oz: 375 IU
- Additional information on food sources and known health functions of vitamin D
- Mushrooms produce increased level of vitamin D when exposed to sunlight too
- Sunlight and structured water - the newly discovered 4th phase of water (beyond liquid, solid and vapor)
- Vitamin D Council
- National Institutes of Health on Vitamin D | United States Department of Agriculture on Vitamin D
- Sebastian Kniepp Water Cure - The Healing Power of Water | https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Kneipp
- Benedict Lust - Tuberculosis, Typhoid and Other Illnesses Cured by Water | https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_Lust
- Scientific Evidence-Based Effects of Hydrotherapy on Various Systems of the Body
- Sleep Handout, by Molly Niedermeyer, ND, LM
5.1 Organic Food
Organic foods generally contain an estimated 5-20% higher levels of vitamins and minerals - nutrients essential for health, energy, vitality, and prevention and treatment of disease.
- New book: The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health -- And What We Can Do to Fix It. Toxin exposure has now been clearly linked to most major healthcare concerns - cancer, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis and many others.
- http://www.organicconsumers.org/ btc/BuyingGuide.cfm
Organic food production standards also prohibit the use of genetically modified seeds:
Currently, over 20 billion/year is spent on government (taxpayer) subsidies for non-organic farming methods:
- Heritage Guide to the U.S. Constitution
5.2 Nutrition-based Medicine
For true healing and health improvement (and reduction in healthcare costs), it's essential to address the cause(s) of illness, and not do harm. Harm being caused by our current healthcare system, which is primarily focused on the use of drugs, surgery, and related therapies and treatments:
- Report on Adverse Effects and Deaths Caused by Conventional Medical Procedures
- Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion:
- Book: What the Drug Companies Won't Tell You and Your Doctor Doesn't Know: Alternative Treatments That May Change Your Life, and Prescriptions The Could Harm You
- Surgery - Damage to Accomplish a Goal
Books citing thousands of studies from the major medical journals supporting the safety and the effectiveness of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare:
- Textbook on Natural Medicine, by Murray and Pizzorno, with contributions from many other physicians and healthcare researchers: The top textbook on the field of naturopathic medicine, a field of medicine primarily based upon nutrition-based medicine and other natural healing therapies. Over 10,000 studies are referenced in this book.
- Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, by Murray and Pizzorno: A more readable, consumer-focused version of Textbook of Natural Medicine (although the textbook, written for students and medical professionals, is also highly readable). The first 240 contains information on supporting the body's healing systems, and the remaining 900+ pages provide information on healthcare concerns (an A-Z list of healthcare conditions).
- Nutritional Medicine, by Alan Gaby, MD. The author and his assistants reviewed all of the published research in the major medical journals over the last 100 years on the topic of nutrition-based medicine (about 70,000 studies), and this book highlights the results of their research. Over 16,800 studies are referenced in this book.
- Natural Medicine, Optimal Wellness: Written by Drs. Jonathan Wright and Alan Gaby. Contains similar information as Nutritional Medicine, listed above, but this book was written 6 years earlier, and written for consumers (although Nutritional Medicine is also highly readable).
- Total Wellness: Discover the Body's Healing Systems, and How They Can Work for You!, by Joe Pizzorno, ND, 1996: Contains highly readable, scientifically referenced on how to support your body's healing systems to prevent and cure illness (vs. simply focusing on individual conditions, such as arthritis and allergies, which are both indicating that the body's inflammation related healing system is in need of support). Table of Contents: 1) Introduction, 2) The Crisis in Health Care, 3) A Systems Approach to Total Wellness, 4) Strengthen Your Immune System, 5) Decreasing Toxicity, 6) Normalizing Inflammatory Function, 7) Optimizing Metabolic Function, 8) Balancing Regulatory Systems, 9) Enhancing Rejuvenation, 10) Live in Harmony with the Psychological/Spiritual Life-Force.
- Clinical Pathophysiology, by Joseph Pizzorno, ND and Joseph Katzinger, ND, 2012. Similar to Total Wellness, but more recently written (although most of the information in Total Wellness is still current and highly informative), and written more for medical professionals (but still readable). Contains highly advanced information on utilizing nutrition-based medicine to support the body's primary healing systems: Cellular health, digestive health, detoxification, healthy insulin levels, inflammation, immune system, hormonal balance, regeneration and healthy aging, and cardiovascular health. See also Dr. Pizzorno's artificial intelligence, health optimization website, www.iqyouhealth.com, which provides a systems for quickly implementing all of the information contained in this book, and additional related healthcare optimization information and tools.
- The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health -- And What We Can Do to Fix It, by Joe Pizzorno, ND: Contains greatly expanded, detailed, and highly readable information on the topics of toxin exposure and detoxification, and their effects on health. Toxin exposure has now been clearly linked to most major healthcare concerns - cancer, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis and many others. Book website: https://thetoxinsolution.com.
- The Clinicians Handbook of Natural Medicine. Provides information on diagnosing and treating 80 diseases and disorders with natural medicine, with concise summaries of diagnostic procedures, general considerations, therapeutic considerations, and therapeutic approaches for each condition. Based upon Textbook of Natural Medicine. By naturopathic doctors Murray, Pizzorno and Joiner-Bey. Written for medical professionals, but still highly readable.
- Becoming Raw: The Essential Guide to the Raw Vegan Diets, by Brenda Davis, RD, Vesanto Melina, MS, RD and Rynn Berry. This book contains extensive information on the science in support of a raw, plant-based diet (over 900+ studies referenced), information on the diet's positive effects on many major healthcare concerns (cardiovascular disease, cancer, arthritis, diabetes, weight loss, fibromyalgia and more), and detailed information on how to utilize a diet based upon raw plant foods (or increased consumption of raw plant foods) to improve health and promote healing, prevention and cures for many of the most common healthcare concerns. 40-50% of nutrients in food (vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and other healthful components of food), or more, are destroyed by cooking.
- World's Healthiest Foods: The Force for Change to Health Promoting Foods and New Nutrient-Rich Cooking. Contains detailed information on the top 100-125 most nutrient-dense, inexpensive, readily available foods (animal and plant-based foods, cooked foods and raw foods). Written by George Mateljan, founder of Health Valley Foods, and one of the founders of the organic foods/natural products industry, and his outstanding/world-class team of nutrition and healthcare researchers. See 7 days of recipes providing 100% more of recommended amounts of essential nutrients.
- The Whole Foods Diet: The Lifesaving Plan for Health and Longevity, by John Mackey, Co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods Market, Alona Pulde, MD, and Matthew Lederman, MD. As co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods Market, John Mackey has likely been exposed to as much, or more, information on diet and nutrition than anyone. The book makes the case for eating whole foods (not refined, processed foods; and ideally organic food), and more plant food (90% or more plant food), while highlighting research showing that healthcare conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, excess body weight, type 2 diabetes and cancer can all be improved, and, in many cases fully cured, with the use of this diet. Also provided: profiles on the longest-lived population groups in the world, and outstanding information on making dietary changes successfully -- quickly, and for the long term.
- Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide. The top reference book for information on the many different healing therapies available from the fields of alternative medicine, integrative medicine, nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare. Provides information on healing cancer, vision improvement therapy (behavioral optometry), dental care (biological dentistry), and many other safe, effective natural healing therapies not found elsewhere within one book.
- Textbook of Functional Medicine. The top textbook on the field of functional medicine - another field of medicine primarily based upon nutrition-based medicine and other natural healing therapies.
Safety and effectiveness of nutritional supplements:
- According to a report issued in early 2015 by the U.S. National Poison Data System, not one death had been attributed to a nutritional supplement in 2013, the most recent year information was collected and reviewed.
5.3 Nutrient-dense Foods, Raw Foods, Juicing and Superfoods
Raw Food vs. Cooked Food: 40-50% of nutrients, or more, are commonly lost during cooking.
- Kirlian photography of raw vs. cooked foods
Nutrient-dense food list:
- 7 Days of recipes providing 100% of the RDAs
Raw foods and Juicing:
- Green Smoothies
Recipes and Cookbooks:
- World's Healthiest Foods, by Mateljan
- The Magic of Food, by Murray
- Encyclopedia of Healing Foods, by Murray and Pizzorno
- The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Guide to Youthful Vitality, by Murray
- Becoming Raw: The Essential Guide to the Raw Vegan Diets, by Brenda Davis, RD, Vesanto Melina, MS, RD and Rynn Berry.
- The Raw Food Revolution Diet, by Cherie Sonia, Brenda Davis, RD and Vesanto Melina, MS, RD
- The Fully Raw Diet, by Kristina Carrillo-Buckram
- Rhonda's Culinary Creations, by Malkmus
- Live Foods, Live Bodies, by Jay "the Juiceman" Kordich
6. Exercise and Fitness Health Benefits
- Health benefits:
- Dr. Molly Neidermeyer, ND, LM: immune system, heart and blood vessels, lung health, it's not just about weight loss or maintaining your optimal weight, it's really about keeping all the systems going; aerobics for your heart and lungs; flexibility: you're only as young as your spine is subtle; bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, facia -- kind of fishnet over all -- more in different ways, so facia does not get stuck; health is associated with flexibility; strength: lean body mass is really, really important, besides attitude, centurians have been physically active; they walked; only 20% of emotional trauma can be processed verbally; physical movement helps emotional trauma go.
- Exercise and Stem Cells, Chris Centeno, MD
- Healthy Lungs - A Source of Growth and Healing Cells, Chris Centeno, MD
- Getting started: 10 minute rule - just try (See "Don't feel up to working out? Try the 10 minute rule.), http://martialinfoblog.com/martial-musings/dont-feel-up-to-working-out-try-the-10-minute-rule/
- Get FITT for better health: http://www.imjournal.com/resources/web_pdfs/oberg_handout.pdf
- Health benefits: http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/slideshows/7-mind-blowing-benefits-of-exercise
- Get smarter: The Easiest Way to Get Smarter - No Tuition, Books or Homework Required
- Healthy aging: Links Between Exercise and Anti-Aging, 105 Year Old Sprinter, 105 Year Old Biker, 85 Year Old 3:56:39 Marathoner,
- Bible verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20: "19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."'
7. Spiritual Health
- "Iaomai" - the Greek word used in the Bible to describe healing. "Healing, particularly as supernatural and bringing attention to the Lord Himself as the Great Physician." "Draws the attention to the Lord, the supernatural Healer, i.e. beyond the physical healing itself and its benefits." "To heal, make whole, to cure, to perform healing." http://biblehub.com/greek/2390.htm
- Bible Verses by Topic | Love | Kindness | Relationships | Forgiveness | Golden Rule | Fruit of the Spirit | Peace | Greatest Commandment
- Find out and do what you were created to do -- discover, develop and utilize your gifts
- Uplifting Quotes by Topic
8. Brain Power: The Brain and Healing
Getting the brain actively involved in promoting health and healing:
- Dr. Ben Carson, the power and potential of the human brain:
- Bio-electric energy:
- The Power of Positive Thinking, Pastor Norman Vincent Peale:
- Fully healing (curing) back pain with the mind:
- Dr. John Sarno's testimony before Congress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjG-8GE2Wf4&feature=youtu.be&t=10m38s
- Howard Stern, on Dr. Sarno's methods curing his back pain: https://www.youtube.com/embed/iYIOOURMuS0?start=0&end=650&version=3
- John Stossel of 20/20, on Dr. Sarno's methods curing his back pain (and John Stossel's Harvard MD brother still unwilling to attempt to use Dr. Sarno's methods on his own back pain): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsR4wydiIBI
- Another of Dr. Sarno's cures: https://www.forbes.com/sites/edwardsiedle/2012/09/26/americans-best-doctor-and-his-miracle-cures-dr-john-e-sarno/#2d96933b5466
- Dr. Sarno's website: http://www.healingbackpain.com
- Reprogramming the brain (and the body and spirit): Completing in a triathlon as an able-bodied athlete within 1-2 years after being in a wheelchair for the prior 25 years (as an incomplete paraplegic). "Great science begins with intense observation. Trust in the doctor and the therapy. Have a picture in mind of what you're trying to accomplish. Brain, nerves and muscle strengthening. A re-synapsing and opening up of pathways is what's working for him, more so than regeneration of the spinal cord. Either way, he's very pleased with the results Miracles happen. A very personal goal."
- "Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds." Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Getting started with anything new (try, get momentum going and/or wait for second wind) -- including workouts, and getting the brain actively involved in promoting health and healing. Try for 10 minutes vs. not trying at all
- Exercise and the brain:
- Curing over 180 types of illnesses, including bladder cancer in three minutes, with "already cured" affirmations (and no medicine):
- The power of the human brain (placebo effect of drugs vs. sugar pills and "placebo knee surgery" vs. actual knee surgery): https://www.youtube.com/embed/cLqjK3ddSy0?start=0&end=221&version=3
- The will and faith to win:
- Maximizing striking power (Bruce Lee hitting like a heavyweight fighter, while weighing 140 lbs):
- How can I express myself totally and completely? Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water. Now, you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend. 'Gentlemen, welcome. I look forward to a tournament of truly epic proportions.' Here is the natural instinct, and here is control. You are to combine the two in harmony. If you have one, to the extreme, you will be very unscientific. If you have the other, to the extreme, you become, all of a sudden, a mechanical man. You see actually, I do not teach karate, because I do not believe in styles anymore. I do not believe that there is a such thing as a Chinese way of fighting, or a Japanese way of fighting, or whatever way of fighting. Because, if you do not have styles ... if you just say, well, here I am, you know, as a human being. How can I express myself, totally and completely. I mean that is the expression of the human body. I mean the feet, everything, not just the hands. And when you talk about fighting, as it is, with no rules, well then baby you better train every part of your body. And when you do, punch, now I lean forward a little bit, hoping not to hurt any camera angle, I mean you gotta put the whole the whole hip into it, and snap it. Martial arts has a very, very deep meaning, to me, as far as my life is concerned. Because, as an actor, as a martial artist, as a human being, all these, I have learned, from the martial arts. To me, OK, to me: ultimately martial art means honestly expressing yourself. I mean, it is easy for me to put on a show, and be cocky, but to express oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, that, my friend, is very hard to do.
- Emotional content, not anger. Don't think, feel. It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory. Never take your eyes off of your opponent, even when you bow.
- I do not hit, it hits all by itself. Have no technique. No opponent. The word, "I," does not exist. A good fight should be like a small play, but played seriously. A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet, not dreaming. Ready for whatever might come. When the opponent expands, I contract. When he contracts, I expand. When there is an opportunity, I do not hit, it hits all by itself. The enemy has only images and illusions, behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image, and you will break the enemy. It hits, that you referred to, is a powerful weapon. Easily misused by the martial artist, who deserts his thoughts ... A martial artist has to take responsibility for himself, and accept the consequences of his own doing. Evil defies beliefs and brings disgrace. Fight to reclaim honor.
- Joe Lewis, discussing his training with Bruce Lee, and his strength and striking power
- Joe Lewis, discussing Bruce Lee's striking power
- Think big (President Trump, on envisioning what he desires to create):
- Positive messages:
- Fall down, get up and run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqnqLrakxY8
- I am a champion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs
- Step in the ring to have a chance to win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83fdGG9yQwE
- Find a way to win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDTKfhGYwrU
- Staying positive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUgea6yzoEI
- Your best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUKoKQlEC4, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTaHhL7X3SM, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uCj5_a3nbw
- Nutrition and the brain:
9. Additional Natural Healing Systems and Topics
9.1 Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic doctors (NDs) attend 4-5 years of graduate school (the same amount of training as medical doctors) specializing in nutrition, natural healthcare, and drug-free interventions for improving health. They are licensed as primary care providers on the whole West Coast, and about 1/2 of the states. In Washington State, it's law that their cost-effective, preventative medicine services must be covered by insurance companies. Licensing of naturopathic doctors in all 50 states would help enable greatly improved access to natural healthcare, preventative medicine, cost-effective healthcare, and drug-free healthcare services.
- Definition of Naturopathic Medicine | What is a Naturopathic Doctor?
- Naturopathic Medicine Education | Comparing Naturopathic Doctor (ND) and Medical Doctor (MD) Educational Training Programs
- Naturopathic medicine's healing philosophy:
- Naturopathic Medicine Physician of the Year for 2016, Dr. Margaret Beeson: "It's not about taking a vitamin or an herb, it's about understanding the cause of illness."
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians' national directory of naturopathic doctors.
- State licensure of naturopathic physicians
- Mid-Atlantic: Pennsylvania and Massachusetts (home of The University of Pennsylvania and Harvard University's medical programs) recently licensed naturopathic doctors.
- Licensure for Naturopathic Physicians in Pennsylvania recently passed on 11/3/16 (more info, Facebook page).
- Licensure for Naturopathic Physicians in Massachusetts recently passed on 1/12/17
- Delaware, New Jersey and New York have not yet licensed naturopathic doctors, but Maryland and Washington, DC have. And, there are there are quite a few naturopathic physicians practicing in Pennsylvania.
- Residents of Delaware, New Jersey and New York may want to contact leaders of the Pennsylvania association to ask for a physician referral, or utilize the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians national directory to locate a naturopathic physician in their area.
- New States are regularly being added to the list of States where naturopathic physicians have been licensed to practice as family physicians (on a similar or equal level as medical doctors), and most, if not all, U.S. states will likely license naturopathic physicians by 2025.
- Mid-Atlantic: Pennsylvania and Massachusetts (home of The University of Pennsylvania and Harvard University's medical programs) recently licensed naturopathic doctors.
- Naturopathic medicine information websites:
- Natural Medicine Journal - The Official Journal of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians: www.naturalmedicinejournal.com
- Naturopathic Doctor News and Review: www.ndnr.com
- Integrative Medicine: A Clinician's Journal: www.imjournal.com
- Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges: www.aanmc.org
- 3,258 mile run across country to promote public awareness of naturopathic medicine: www.therun.org
- Dr. Benedict Lust, considered the founder of American Naturopathic Medicine:
- Insurance Coverage for Naturopathic Medicine
9.2 Functional Medicine
Scientific, individualized healthcare: natural healthcare and integrative medicine, and the best of conventional and alternative medicine:
9.3 Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine Lab Testing
- Chemosensitivity testing (testing chemo drugs, foods and nutritional supplements for their effectiveness against a blood sample from an individual cancer patient to determine if the drug, food or nutritional supplement has anti-cancer effects for the individual patient's cancer):
9.4 Individualized Healthcare Optimization
9.5 Vision Improvement Therapy (Behavioral Optometry)
- Seeing is Achieving: Improve Your Child's Chances for Success
- Eyepower: An Updated Report on Vision Therapy
- The Bates Method for Better Vision Without Glasses
- Relearning to See
9.6 Natural Dental Care (Biological Dentistry)
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine: http://www.iabdm.org
- Dr. Jim Harrison (consultancy service): http://www.docharrison.com
- Toxic Metal Contamination: Mercury
9.7 Ethical Stem Cells (not from embryos)
Ethical stem cells: provide an effective healing solution for many previously incurable diseases:
- Stem cell gun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgWwZmVqZx0
- Ethical Stem Cells Now, by Burton Goldberg
- Stem cells, osteoarthritis and regenerating joint cartilage
- Regenexx stem cell videos | http://www.regenexx.com
- Dr. Chris Centeno: https://twitter.com/ccentenomd
- Dr. David Steenblock: http://personalized-regenerative-medicine.com
- Patients for stem cells today: https://twitter.com/PFSCToday
- Patient: From being quadriplegic to healing and making progress walking again
- Exercise and Stem Cells, Chris Centeno, MD
- Healthy Lungs - A Source of Growth and Healing Cells, Chris Centeno, MD
9.8 Other Natural Healthcare Therapies and Treatment Methods
- Magnetic Molecular Energizer: http://www.amri-wa.com
- Compounding Pharmacy: http://www.keycompounding.com
- Pain relief methods:
10. Healthcare Conditions and Topics
2021 Note: The below list of healthcare conditions and topics is currently being removed from the home page, and new, separate web pages are being made.
- Burton Goldberg
- Congress of the United States, House of Representatives, Committee on Government Reform: Hearing on "Integrative Oncology -- Cancer Care for the New Millennium," June 7th and 8th, 2000, Washington, DC, Testimony of Burton Goldberg
- Cancer Conquest: The Best of Conventional and Alterntive Medicine DVD transcription
- Treatment of Primary Brain Turmors with Sehydrin (Hydrazine Sulfate). Research study summary: Vopr Onkol 40(7-9): 332-336, 1994. Authors: V. A. Filov, M. L. Gershanovich, B. A. Irvin, L. A. Danova, F. A. Gurchin, A. G. Naryshkin, V. I. Leshinsky, A. G. Zemskaya, B. M. Nikiforova, and P. V. Breivis.
- Books on nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare, citing up to research 16,800 studies per book.
- 2021: I'm currently seeking $20,000 in fundraising to cover expenses for 6 months of web content production work, summarizing 25 years of studies on the topics of natural healthcare, alternative medicine and integrative medicine cancer treatment methods and top innovations. Contact Information.
- Heart Health, Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Weight Loss
- Osteoarthritis and Joint Tissue Regeneration (detailed info, draft copy)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Brain Health, Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Food Sensitivities
- Reducing Hearing Loss and Restoring Hearing
- Ear/Hearing Health Summary
- Parkinson's Disease
- Toxicity and Detoxification
- Appendicitis (detailed info, draft copy)
- Kidney Stones
- Bone Health and Osteoporosis
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Smoking, Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Healthcare Insurance
- Vitamin C Research Summary
- Reasons to Buy Organic
10.2 Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
Currently being treated effectively treated without drugs:
- Achievable Blood Pressure Reductions from Lifestyle and Mind-Body Techniques
- Knowing Your Risk for Cardiovascular Disease
10.3 Brain Health, Stress, Anxiety and Depression
Optimal brain nutrition and nutrient precursors to neurotransmitters provide safe, effective solutions for stress,
depression, anxiety and related healthcare concerns:
- DVD Preview: Curing Depression, Anxiety and Panic Disorder
- Healing Parkinson's Disease
- Reconsidering Coenzyme Q10 in Parkinson's Disease
- The Easiest Way to Get Smarter, According to Science. Best of all, no tuition, books or homework required.
10.4 Improving and/or Curing Hearing Loss
Use the video control to skip to the start of the presentation at 3:10...
10.5 Weight Loss
10.7 Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 7 Day Meal Plan
- 7 day diet providing 100% of the RDAs for essential nutrients for health
- New book (Feb, 2017): The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health -- And What We Can Do to Fix It. Toxin exposure has now been clearly linked to most major healthcare concerns - cancer, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis and many others. Book website: https://thetoxinsolution.com.
- The author of the above book began his studies in medicine after watching the girlfriend of his college roommate be healed of rheumatoid arthritis, by effectively supporting the body's detoxification systems. He explains this on the first 2-5 videos of this video playlist on naturopathic medicine, detoxification and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Parasites as a Cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Resolutions: 3 Easy Naturopathic Lifestyle Tweaks
- The Pain of Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nature's Intended Reaction
10.10 Women's and Children's Health
- Preconception Planning
- Female Infertility: Case Studies Using Naturopathic Interventions
- Natural Medicine Journal: Pediatrics Special Issue
- Preventing Osteoporosis and Modifying Fracture Risk
10.11 Vaccine Information
Naturopathic doctors attend a similar level of educational training as medical doctors, but the medical training is focused on nutrition-based medicine and other methods of natural healthcare. Close to 1/2 of the States (and the whole West Coast) license naturopathic doctors on the same level as medical doctors (as primary care family physicians). Naturopathic physicians are trained in nutrition, natural healthcare, promoting natural childbirth, and many other natural healing therapies -- in addition to standard medical training in anatomy, physiology, biology, chemistry, etc.
Molly Neidermeyer, ND, was the Dean of Women’s and Children’s health at the top (or one of the top) naturopathic medicine school in the U.S., www.bastyr.edu. And, she received recognition for being one of the top 25 graduates from the school. She is likely available for phone consultations for any questions, including answering questions related to possibly working with a local naturopathic doctor during and after pregnancy, answering questions about vaccinations (pros/cons, ones to possibly consider, ones to possibly avoid), and other healthcare questions. Her website, and the web site of a few other naturopathic doctors (and one medical doctor) who are also experts in women’s and children’s health are listed below:
- Molly Neidermeyer, ND;
- Aviva Romm, MD
- Mary Bove, ND;
- Tori Hudson, ND;
- Jill Stansbury, ND;
Additional books with Pregnancy and Vaccine-Related Information:
- Nutritional Medicine, by Alan Gaby, MD. This book references the top studies on nutrition and natural healthcare from all of the major medical journals from the last 100 years.
- Consumer version: Natural Medicine, Optimal Wellness, by Dr. Gaby and his business partner/mentor, Jonathan Wright, MD, written about 10 years earlier; written in a doctor/patient common narrative formative, very helpful and very readable.
- Dr. Wright's YouTube Channel: highly informative, one of the best on the Internet.
- Textbook of Natural Medicine, by Murry and Pizzorno.
- Consumer version: Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine
- Consumer version: Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine
- Other top books on nutrition, naturopathic medicine, and natural healthcare
Additional related information:
- Supplemental Vitamin D for pregnant mothers has been shown to greatly reduce the likelihood of type 1 diabetes in children with a family history of susceptibility to the condition.
Wishing your child the best of health and God bless!
10.12 Healthcare Insurance Alternatives to Obamacare
10.13 Smoking, Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- The Cross and the Switchblade, by Pastor David Wilkerson
- Watch the Cross and the Switchblade (made into a movie/DVD) on YouTube
- Testimony by Niki Cruz (the NY city gang leader mentioned in The Cross and the Switchblade)
- Teen Challenge: Over 200 Christian centers founded based upon Pastor Wilkerson's mission of helping teens and adults overcome drugs and other life challenges.
- DVD: Addiction - Getting the Monkey Off Your Back, by Burton Goldberg
- Nutrients levels adversely affected by drug and alcohol addiction, and related adverse health effects:
- Nutritional Medicine, by Gaby
- Natural Medicine, Optimal Wellness, by Wright and Gaby
- Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, by Murray and Pizzorno
- Textbook of Natural Medicine, by Murray and Pizzorno
- Alternative Medicine, The Definitive Guide, by Goldberg
- Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing, by Balch
- Nutrient Dense Foods List
- Nutrient Dense Foods Book/Cookbook
- Tobacco Smoking: Impacts on Health and Tips for Cessation
11. Declaration of Independence
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
Sign the Declaration of Independence online, and print your copy:
Quotes from our nation's founders:
Free, printable U.S. Constitution booklet: