Facebook Health Group
- Natural Healthcare Links
- Healthcare Quotes
- Foundations of Health
- Fresh Air, Clean Water, Sunlight, Hydrotherapy and Sleep
- Nutrition and Essential Nutrients
- Exercise and Fitness
- Brain Power: The Brain and Healing
- Spiritual Health
- Additional Natural Healthcare Systems
- Healthcare Conditions and Topics
- Declaration of Independence
1. Natural Healthcare Links
- Iaomi - To Heal
- Star Spangled Banner
2. Healthcare Quotes
Dr. Jonathan Wright, "If we are going to stay as healthy for as we can for as long as we can, it's super simple: all we have to do is copy what nature does. What I'm saying is, if we have a certain machine, and it's broken, do we get parts for that machine? Or, do we get parts that don't fit the machine. Our bodies are made up of nature's molecules - proteins, carbohydrates and fats, and a whole lot of other natural stuff, but you know there isn't one molecule of a patent medicine, which is also called a drug. But, I prefer to call them what they are. Because you see, we cannot patent nature's molecules, by law. Therefore, if we're going to make megabucks, we have to patent something. So, what scientists are in the very bad habit of doing, and this has been going on for the last century, is taking a natural molecule, and changing it just a little bit so it isn't quite natural, and now we can patent [the molecule} , and we can afford to pay los federales at the FDA 1.2 billion dollars, which is what Forbes magazine says it costs to get approval from FDA." https://youtu.be/AzQXmjY_OeI.
Dr. John Bastyr, naturopathic doctor, and namesake of Bastyr University: "The truth of our medicine will always win out, the truth of what we are doing will always survive." Key principles of naturopathic medicine:
- First, do No Harm
- Identify and Treat the Causes
- The Healing Power of Nature (supporting the body's healing systems)
Dr. Joe Pizzorno, co-founder of Bastyr University, a naturopathic medicine school: "The most pervasive and silently accepted crisis in America today is the ill health of our people. We must change our fundamental approach from a traditional disease-driven, treatment-oriented medical model, to one that deals with the real problem of improving people's health."
World Health Organization Definition of Health: "Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."
Dr.Linus Pauling, on his concept of healthcare, which he termed orthomolecular medicine (ortho is Greek for "correct" or "right"; so, orthomolecular medicine literally means the "right molecule." ): "The preservation of good health and the treatment of disease by varying the concentrations in the human body of substances that are normally present in the body."
Pharmaceutical drugs and surgery (reconstructive medicine) are currently being replaced with science-based, nutrition-based medicine, foods high in nutrients known to be essential for health and healing, natural healthcare and ethical stem cell therapies (regenerative medicine).
"Iaomai" - the Greek word used in the Bible to describe healing.
- "Healing, particularly as supernatural and bringing attention to the Lord Himself as the Great Physician."
- "Draws the attention to the Lord, the supernatural Healer, i.e. beyond the physical healing itself and its benefits."
- "To heal, make whole, to cure, to perform healing." http://biblehub.com/greek/2390.htm
"The Liberty Bell got its name from being rung July 8, 1776, to call the citizens of Philadelphia together to hear the Declaration of Independence read out loud for the first time. Inscribed on the Liberty Bell is: 'Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof.'" Leviticus 25:10, http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/liberty-bell-called-citizens-to-hear-declaration/.
3. Foundations of Health
- Fresh (nature) air, clean water, sunlight, hydrotherapy, and plenty of sleep.
- Optimizing and maximizing levels of nutrients known to be essential for vitality, health and healing. Some essential nutrients, such as magnesium and zinc, have over 300 known functions in human health!
- Workouts and physical fitness (functional health and fitness).
- Obtaining an effective understanding of current, cutting-edge healthcare from the top books highlighting the over 100,000 studies supporting the use of nutriiton-based medicine and natural healthcare (regenerative medicine), and other related healing systems:
- naturopathic medicine,
- functional medicine,
- innovative nutrition-based medicine health testing (and health optimization),
- individualized healthcare,
- ethical stem cells,
- behavioral optometry (vision improvement therapy),
- biological dentistry (natural, mercury-free, biocompatible dental care) and
- other healthful, non-toxic healthcare interventions.
- Obtaining an effective understanding about optimizing and further utilizing the body's healing systems.
- Obtaining information on healing specific healthcare concerns and topics with safe, effective healthcare methods.
- Getting the mind actively and positively involved in promoting health and healing.
- Spiritual health.
4. Fresh (nature) air, clean drinking water, sunlight, hydrotherapy, and sleep
4.1 Fresh (nature) air
- Negative Ions Benefits for Your Health
- Video: Adverse Effects of Environment Toxins on Health (incuding indoor air), Joe Pizzorno, ND, author of The Toxin Solution.
4.2 Clean Water
- Health Benefits of Water
- The Body's Many Cries for Water: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty - Don't Treat Thirst with Medication, by F. Batmanghelidj, MD.
- Day After Day ... Patients After Patients .. The Results Prove the Healing Power of Water.
- Water Handout, by Molly Niedermeyer, ND, LM
- Video: Dr. Jonathan V. Wright ~ The Two Most Basic Vitamins, Part 2, Vitamin D (Part 1 was Vitamin C), and Vitamin D's many health benefits highlighted in studies from the major medical journals (hormonal balance for men and women, fibroids, healthy blood pressure, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, chronic back back pain, older people with overall body pain, less falls, immune support/help our bodies make their own antibiotics, and many, many other health benefits; 25-OH is the health test to check your levels, 60-100 ng = the optimal health level; the sun doesn't cause skin cancer (the risk is much lower for the worst kind of skin cancer, melanoma) if you are eating healthfully, (nutrient dense) Mediterranian Diet -- 140 studies cited, melanoma increased 12 fold on the Standard American Diet (SAD); sunscreen doesn't appear to help prevent skin cancer; order Dr. Wright's Green Medicine e-newsletter: 800-230-2762; order a Vitamin D level health test from Dr. Wright's lab)
- The Essential Nutrient You - And How To Get It Absolutely Free
- Vitamin D Foods and Health Info
- Vitamin D Council
- National Institutes of Health on Vitamin D | United States Department of Agriculture on Vitamin D
- Sebastian Kniepp Water Cure - The Healing Power of Water | https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Kneipp
- Benedict Lust - Tuberculosis, Tyfoid and Other Illnesses Cured by Water | https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_Lust
- Scientific Evidence-Based Effects of Hydrotherapy on Various Systems of the Body
- Sleep Handout, by Molly Niedermeyer, ND, LM
5.1 Organic Food
Organic foods generally contain an estimated 5-20% higher levels of vitamins and minerals - nutrients essential for health, energy, vitality, and prevention and treatment of disease.
- New book: The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health -- And What We Can Do to Fix It. Toxin exposure has now been clearly linked to most major healthcare concerns - cancer, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis and many others. Read this to learn about the extensive harm being caused by agricultural chemicals and pharmaceutical drugs (both of which are essentially toxins to the body). Agricultural chemicals kill insects (in some cases by breaking down the exoskeleton of the insects, leading to the high rates of joint replacement in the US) and small animals -- not something to be used as a condiment on our foods! Pharmaceutical drugs deplete nutrients known to be essential for human health - such as magnesium and zinc (each of which have over 300 known functions in human health)! The author, Joe Pizzorno, ND (naturopathic doctor) is likely the world's top expert on the subject of toxicity and our the body's detoxification healing systems. Among many other things, he has tested over 4,000 people with $1,500+ in nutrition-based medical tests to determine levels of toxic minerals (lead, cadmium, mercury, aluminum, etc.) and other toxins. He has been researching methods to optimize our body's detoxification healing systems for the last 45 years. Book website: https://thetoxinsolution.com.
Organic food production standards also prohibit the use of genetically modified seeds:
Currently, over 20 billion/year is spent on government (taxpayer) subsidies for non-organic farming methods:
- Heritage Guide to the U.S. Constitution
5.2 Nutrition-based Medicine
Harm being caused by our current healthcare system:
- Report on Adverse Effects and Deaths Caused by Conventional Medical Procedures
- Journal of the American Medical Association: Incidence of Adverse Drug Reactions in Hospitalized Patients
- U.S. is #42 in Life Expectancy
- Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion Info | Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion Chart | Naturalpharmacist.net - More Info
- Acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol) - the #1 Cause of Liver Failure in the U.S.
- What the Drug Companies Won't Tell You, and Your Doctor Doesn't Know: Alternative Treatments That May Change Your Life, and Prescriptions The Could Harm You
- Quick Summaries of Currently Known Functions of Essential Nutrients in Human Health
Books citing thousands of studies from the major medical journals supporting the safety and the effectiveness of nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare:
- Textbook on Natural Medicine. The top textbook on the field of naturopathic medicine - a field of medicine primarily based upon nutrition-based medicine and other natural healing therapies. Over 10,000 studies are referenced in this book.
- Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine. A more readable, consumer-focused version of Textbook of Natural Medicine (although the textbook, written for student and medical professionals, is also highly readable).
- Nutritional Medicine. The author, Alan Gaby, MD, and his assistants reviewed all of the published research in the major medical journals over the last 100 years on the topic of nutrition-based medicine (about 70,000 studies), and this book highlights the results of their research. Over 16,800 studies are referenced in this book.
- Natural Medicine, Optimal Wellness. Written by Drs. Jonathan Wright and Alan Gaby. Contains similar information as Nutritional Medicine, listed above, but this book was written 6 years earlier, and written for consumers (although Nutritional Medicine is also highly readable).
- World's Healthiest Foods: The Force for Change to Health Promoting Foods and New Nutrient-Rich Cooking. Contains detailed information on the top 100-125 most nutrient-dense, inexpensive, readily available foods. Written by George Mateljan, founder of Health Valley Foods, and one of the founders of the organic foods/natural products industry, and his outstanding/world-class team of nutrition annd healthcare researchers. See 7 days of recipes providing 100% more of recommended amounts of essential nutrients.
- Clinical Pathophysiology. Highly advanced information on utilizing nutrition-based medicine to support the body's primary healing systems: Cellular health, digestive health, detoxification, healthy insulin levels, inflammation, immune system, hormonal balance, regeneration and healthy aging, and cardiovascular health. Primary author: Dr. Joe Pizzorno.
- The Clinicians Handbook of Natural Medicine. Provides information on diagnosing and treating 80 diseases and disorders with natural medicine, with concise summaries of diagnostic procedures, general considerations, therapeutic considerations, and therapeutic approaches for each condition. Based upon Textbook of Natural Medicine. By naturopathic doctors Murray, Pizzorno and Joiner-Bey.
- Textbook of Functional Medicine. The top textbook on the field of functional medicine - another field of medicine primarily based upon nutrition-based medicine and other natural healing therapies.
- Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide. The top reference book for information on the many different healing therapies available from the fields of alternative medicine, integrative medicine, nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare.
- The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health -- And What We Can Do to Fix It. Toxin exposure has now been clearly linked to most major healthcare concerns - cancer, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis and many others. Book website: https://thetoxinsolution.com.
Safety and effectiveness of nutritional supplements:
- According to a report issued in early 2015 by the U.S. National Poison Data System, not one death had been attributed to a nutritional supplement in 2013, the most recent year information was collected and reviewed.
5.3 Nutrient-dense Foods, Raw Foods, Juicing and Superfoods
Raw Food vs. Cooked Food: 40-50% of nutrients, or more, are commonly lost during cooking.
- Kirlian photography of raw vs. cooked foods
Nutrient-dense food list:
- 7 Days of recipes providing 100% of the RDAs
Raw foods and Juicing:
- Green Smoothies
Recipes and Cookbooks:
- World's Healthiest Foods, by Mateljan
- Encyclopedia of Healing Foods, by Murray and Pizzorno
- The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Guide to Youthful Vitality, by Murray
- Rhonda's Culinary Creations, by Malkmus
- Live Foods, Live Bodies, by Jay "the Juiceman" Kordich
6. Exercise and Fitness Health Benefits
- Health benefits:
- Dr. Molly Neidermeyer, ND, LM: immune system, heart and blood vessels, lung health, it's not just about weight loss or maintaining your optimal weight, it's really about keeping all the systems going; aerobics for your heart and lungs; flexibility: you're only as young as your spine is subtle; bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, facia -- kind of fishnet over all -- more in different ways, so facia does not get stuck; health is associated with flexibility; strength: lean body mass is really, really important, besides attitide, centurians have been physically active; they walked; only 20% of emotional trauma can be processed verbally; physical movement helps emotional trauma go.
- Exercise and Stem Cells, Chris Centeno, MD
- Healthy Lungs - A Source of Growth and Healing Cells, Chris Centeno, MD
- Getting started:
- Get FITT for better health:
- Health benefits:
- Get smarter:
- Healthy aging:
- Bible verse:
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20: "19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."'
7. Spiritual Health
- Fruit of the Spirit | Peace
- Find out and do what you were created to do -- discover, develop and utilize your gifts.
- Bible Verses by Topic | Love | Kindness | Relationships | Forgiveness | Golden Rule | Greatest Commandment
- Jeremiah 30:17a: "'But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the Lord..."
- Uplifting Quotes by Topic
8. Brain Power: The Brain and Healing
Getting the brain actively involved in promoting health and healing:
- Dr. Ben Carson, the power and potential of the human brain:
- Bio-electric energy:
- The Power of Positive Thinking, Pastor Norman Vincent Peale:
- Fully healing (curing) back pain with the mind:
- Dr. John Sarno's testimony before Congress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjG-8GE2Wf4&feature=youtu.be&t=10m38s
- Howard Stern, on Dr. Sarno's methods curing his back pain: https://www.youtube.com/embed/iYIOOURMuS0?start=0&end=650&version=3
- John Stossel of 20/20, on Dr. Sarno's methods curing his back pain (and John Stossel's Harvard MD brother still unwilling to attempt to use Dr. Sarno's methods on his own back pain): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsR4wydiIBI
- Another of Dr. Sarno's cures: https://www.forbes.com/sites/edwardsiedle/2012/09/26/americans-best-doctor-and-his-miracle-cures-dr-john-e-sarno/#2d96933b5466
- Dr. Sarno's website: http://www.healingbackpain.com
- Reprogramming the brain (and the body and spirit): Completing in a triathlon as an able-bodied athlete within 1-2 years after being in a wheelchair for the prior 25 years (as an incomplete paraplegic). "Great science begins with intense observation. Trust in the doctor and the therapy. Have a picture in mind of what you're trying to accomplish. Brain, nerves and muscle strengthening. A re-synapsing and opening up of pathways is what's working for him, more so than regeneration of the spinal cord. Either way, he's very pleased with the results Miracles happen. A very personal goal."
- "Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds." Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Getting started with anything new (try, get momentum going and/or wait for second wind) -- including workouts, and getting the brain actively involved in promoting health and healing. Try for 10 minutes vs. not trying at all
- Exercise and the brain:
- Curing over 180 types of illnesses, including bladder cancer in three minutes, with "already cured" affirmations (and no medicine):
- The power of the human brain (placebo effect of drugs vs. sugar pills and "placebo knee surgery" vs. actual knee surgery): https://www.youtube.com/embed/cLqjK3ddSy0?start=0&end=221&version=3
- The will and faith to win:
- Maximizing striking power (Bruce Lee hitting like a heavyweight fighter, at 140 lbs):
- How can I express myself totally and completely? Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water. Now, you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend. 'Gentlemen, welcome. I look forward to a tournament of truly epic proportions.' Here is the natural instinct, and here is control. You are to combine the two in harmony. If you have one, to the extreme, you will be very unscientific. If you have the other, to the extreme, you become, all of a sudden, a mechanical man. You see actually, I do not teach karate, because I do not believe in styles anymore. I do not believe that there is a such thing as a Chinese way of fighting, or a Japanese way of fighting, or whatever way of fighting. Because, if you do not have styles ... if you just say, well, here I am, you know, as a human being. How can I express myself, totally and completely. I mean that is the expression of the human body. I mean the feet, everthing, not just the hands. And when you talk about fighting, as it is, with no rules, well then baby you better train every part of your body. And when you do, punch, now I lean forward a little bit, hoping not to hurt any camera angle, I mean you gotta put the whole the whole hip into it, and snap it. Martial arts has a very, very deep meaning, to me, as far as my life is concerned. Because, as an actor, as a martial artist, as a human being, all these, I have learned, from the martial arts. To me, OK, to me: ultimately martial art means honesly expressing yourself. I mean, it is easy for me to put on a show, and be cocky, but to express oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly, that, my friend, is very hard to do.
- Emotional content, not anger. Don't think, feel. It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory. Never take your eyes off of your opponent, even when you bow.
- I do not hit, it hits all by itself. Have no technique. No opponent. The word, "I," does not exist. A good fight should be like a small play, but played seriously. A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet, not dreaming. Ready for whatever might come. When the opponent expands, I contract. When he contracts, I expand. When there is an opportunity, I do not hit, it hits all by itself. The enemy has only images and illusions, behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image, and you will break the enemy. It hits, that you referred to, is a powerful weapon. Easily misued by the martial artist, who deserts his thoughts ... A martial artist has to take responsibility for himself, and accept the consequences of his own doing. Evil defies beliefs and brings disgrace. Fight to reclaim honor.
- Joe Lewis, discussing his training with Bruce Lee, and his strendth and striking power
- Joe Lewis, discussing Bruce Lee's striking power
- Think big (President Trump, on envisioning what he desires to create):
- Positive messages:
- Fall down, get up and run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqnqLrakxY8
- I am a champion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs
- Step in the ring to have a chance to win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83fdGG9yQwE
- Find a way to win: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDTKfhGYwrU
- Staying positive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUgea6yzoEI
- Your best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUKoKQlEC4, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTaHhL7X3SM, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uCj5_a3nbw
- Nutrition and the brain:
9. Additional Natural Healing Systems and Topics
9.1 Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic doctors attend 4-5 years of graduate school (the same amount of training as medical doctors) specializing in nutrition, natural healthcare, and drug-free interventions for improving health. They’re licensed as primary care providers on the whole West Coast, and in 1/3 of the states. In Washington State, it's law that their cost-effective, preventative medicine services must be covered by insurance companies. Licensing of naturopathic doctors in all 50 states would greatly help enable access to natural healthcare, preventative medicine, and drug-free healthcare services for the public.
- Definition of Naturopathic Medicine | What is a Naturopathic Doctor?
- Naturopathic Medicine Education | Comparing Naturopathic Doctor (ND) and Medical Doctor (MD) Educational Training Programs
- "It's not about taking a vitamin or an herb, it's about understanding the cause of illness." Naturopathic Medicine Physician of the Year for 2016, Dr. Margaret Beeson.
- Many (or most, or possibly all) U.S. states will likely license naturopathic physicians on an equal level as medical doctors (as general practice physicians) with the next 3-8 years.
- Naturopathic medicine information websites:
- Natural Medicine Journal - The Official Journal of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians: www.naturalmedicinejournal.com
- Naturopathic Doctor News and Review: www.ndnr.com
- Integrative Medicine: A Clinician's Journal: www.imjournal.com
- Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges: www.aanmc.org
- 3,258 mile run across country to promote public awareness of naturopathic medicine: www.therun.org
- Dr. Benedict Lust, considered the founder of American Naturopathic Medicine:
- Insurance Coverage for Naturopathic Medicine
9.2 Functional Medicine
Scientific, individualized healthcare: natural healthcare and integrative medicine, and the best of conventional and alternative medicine:
9.3 Naturopathic Medicine and Functional Medicine Lab Testing
9.4 Individualized Healthcare Optimization
9.5 Vision Improvement Therapy (Behavioral Optometry)
- Seeing is Achieving: Improve Your Child's Chances for Success
- Eyepower: An Updated Report on Vision Therapy
- The Bates Method for Better Vision Without Glasses
- Relearning to See
9.6 Natural Dental Care (Biological Dentistry)
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine: http://www.iabdm.org
- Dr. Jim Harrison (consultancy service): http://www.docharrison.com
- Toxic Metal Contamination: Mercury
9.7 Ethical Stem Cells (not from embryos)
Ethical stem cells: provide an effective healing solution for many previously incurable diseases:
- Stem cell gun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgWwZmVqZx0
- Ethical Stem Cells Now, by Burton Goldberg
- Stem cells, osteoarthritis and regenerating joint cartilage
- Regenexx stem cell videos | http://www.regenexx.com
- Dr. Chris Centeno: https://twitter.com/ccentenomd
- Dr. David Steenblock: http://personalized-regenerative-medicine.com
- Patients for stem cells today: https://twitter.com/PFSCToday
- Patient: From being quadriplegic to healing and making progress walking again
- Exercise and Stem Cells, Chris Centeno, MD
- Healthy Lungs - A Source of Growth and Healing Cells, Chris Centeno, MD
9.8 Other Natural Healthcare Therapies and Treatment Methods
- Magnetic Molecular Energizer: http://www.amri-wa.com
- Compounding Pharmacy: http://www.keycompounding.com
- Pain relief methods:
10. Healthcare Conditions and Topics
Cancer is currently being treated very successfully with alternative medicine, naturopathic medicine and integrative medicine.
Website with many outstanding articles on innovative and effective cancer treatments: http://www.burtongoldberg.com. His DVD on healing cancer:
Summary of top natural healthcare cancer research
Raw Foods Healing Cancer:
Healing Cancer with the Best of Conventional and Alternative Medicine DVDs:
Cancer Book by top Naturopathic Doctors:
Cancer Doctors, Treatments and Clinics:
- http://www.cancercenter.com (2)
Psychoneuroimmunology and Cancer:
- Organic Food
- Nutrition-based Medicine
- Raw Foods and Juicing
- Exercise and Fitness
- Spiritual Health
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Functional Medicine
- Clinical Pathophysiology
10.2 Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
Currently being treated effectively treated without drugs:
- Achievable Blood Pressure Reductions from Lifestyle and Mind-Body Techniques
- Knowing Your Risk for Cardiovascular Disease
10.3 Brain Health, Stress, Anxiety and Depression
Optimal brain nutrition and nutrient precursors to neurotransmitters provide safe, effective solutions for stress,
depression, anxiety and related healthcare concerns:
- DVD Preview: Curing Depression, Anxiety and Panic Disorder
- Healing Parkinson's Disease
- Reconsidering Coenzyme Q10 in Parkinson's Disease
- The Easiest Way to Get Smarter, According to Science. Best of all, no tuition, books or homework required.
10.4 Improving and/or Curing Hearing Loss
Use the video control to skip to the start of the presentation at 3:10...
10.5 Weight Loss
- Diet/Nutrient Dense Foods Providing Essential Nutrients (required in the diet) for Healthy Joint Cartilage and Joint Cartilage Regeneration:
- Primary osteoarthritis cause: deficiencies of nutrients essential for promoting healthy cartilage.
- Nutrients and Nutritional Supplements for Joint Cartilage Regeneration:
- Niacinamide (a form of Niacin, Vitamin B3) shown on x-rays and MRIs to regenerate cartilage. Initially documented in 1949 in studies, and also documented recently, in a repeat of the studies. Additional info.
- The #1 nutrient: Vitamin C, how it helps regenerate cartilage, and its many other functions
- The #2 nutrient: Vitamin D, and it's many health benefits
- Pentosan: Another nutritional supplement shown to help regenerate joint cartilage
- Nutritional supplements and some nutrition info for osteoarthritis by a top naturopathic doctor, Michael Murray, ND
- Silica for healthy cartilage (Natural Factors Joint Optimizer, Biosilusa.com, Biosilonyourgame.com)
- Additional nutrition for joint health and bone support, including glucosamine sulfate and condroitin sulfate
- Books with information on utilizing nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare to regenerate joint cartilage, reduce pain (safely and effectively) and heal osteoarthritis.
- Ethical Stem Cells and Other Natural Regeneration Factors (taken from one's own body, from bone marrow, blood and even body fat) -- as a Proven, Highly Effective (and cost effective) Alternative to Reconstructive Joint Surgery:
- Stem cell therapies are current being used to heal major burns within a few days (leaving essentially no scarring).
- Stem Cells vs. Knee Replacement Surgery for treating Knee Arthritis: Which option is more effective, comparison of each therapy, effectiveness for pain reduction, regenerating joint cartilage vs. replacing joint cartilage. "Stem cells are the repairmen of the body. They act to stimulate the natural healing systems of our bodies, rather than adding foreign objects to replace worn-out joints." Graph of the average percentage improvements over time with stem cells. 7/10 stem cell patients reported noticeable improvements in their symptoms and pain. A second stem cell procedure later can provide significant additional relief. Very few side effects with stem cells, vs. significant side effects (including 17,500 serous complications, including 5,000 deaths, in 2008) with knee replacement surgery + much faster and much less painful recovery period.
- Stem Cell Cartilage Regeneration: What Every Patient With Joint Pain Should Know, Chris Centeno, MD (12/21/15)
- Patient Improvement Study Results for 1,825 Patients
- Pain and Joint Function Study Results for 1,482 Patients
- How Many Stem Cell Patients Later Pursue to Knee Replacement Surgery? (less than 5% vs. 2/3 of patients considering knee replacement before stem cells)
- Do Stem Cells Regenerate Cartilage in "Bone on Bone" Patients, or Do They Work A Different Way?, (over 1,700 studies document that yes, they can regenerate cartilage), Chris Centeno, MD (12/21/15)
- Patient (1): Always active, football, basketball, golf. Knee problems, several surgeries. Difficult to walk up hills and stairs. Two orthopedic surgeons recommended knee replacements. Didn't what that. Had background, grad school, in exercise physiology and biomechanics. Knew the problems that can come with knee surgery. Scar tissue, doesn't have blood vessels in it, hard to keep it flexible, lose range of motion. Looked for alternatives, had to be something. Thought: What did he have to lose? If doesn't work, can always go back and have his knee replaced. It worked, and it's awesome. Was skeptical, because of background. Had "bone on bone" in both knees. No surgery involved. All needles. The rehab was nonexistent - a 6 week thing. The results are remarkable. Pain went away. Can walk hills and stairs fine. Also cured his loose collateral ligament (which would slip every now and then). Stem cell doc said he could tighten it up, and patient really didn't believe that. Was thinking can't do that, from his physiological background. Doc used stem cells to build a bridge and thicken it. Shown on ultrasound. Filled in a gap caused by stretching of collateral ligament, and it tightened it. Made it stronger than it was before. Knee not slipping anymore. Works as an executive with an international medical company. Worked with doctors all his life. Had two friends try the procedure, both elated with the results. Other 10-11 people he told, went to their doctor, and their doctor said it won't work. Orthopedic surgeon will tell you not to do this. The doctor is making money, 20-36K per knee for knee replacement. For two knees = a lot of money. Doctor gets 50% of that money. Good docs, bad docs. Even good ones, still in it to make a living. Who would recommend taking away one's own job? It's not gonna happen. What do you have to lose? Few thousand dollars. Doesn't work, can go and have knees replaced. But, think you'll find out that stem cells are absolutely remarkable. Any problems in the future with any joints, going the stem cell route, because it works.
- Patient (2): 76 year old now exercising 1 hr per day (ice skating, skiing, biking) after stem cells, after being unable to workout due to joint pain (after arthroscopic surgery and physical therapy). Using stem cells to form new cartilage, ligament and tendon cells. Patient feels 30 years younger. Cost: 4-6K per knee, but there are also less expensive, effective therapies.
- Patient (3): From "no cartilage," bad knee, torn meniscus, surgery, and knee never been the same since, anything that really used the knee hurt, whole body ache, knee hurt all of the time ... to no sedative stem cell procedure (with stem cells from the patient's own body), no pain, running again, completed an Ironman Triathlon (2.4 mi. swim, 112 mile bike ride, then run a marathon -- 26.2 miles) in the same year. Some weeks, training 7-8 hours per day, and a lot of it was running. After stem cells, able to do everything. Can always have stem cells done a second time later for more benefits. Three orthopedic doctors all told the patient to get a knee replacement.
- Patient (4): 20 year old volleyball player, torn ACL in half, tore MCL, strained LCL (ligaments), and tore medial and lateral meniscus. Used NY Jets surgeon (even with the best surgeons, all surgeries have risks). Week later, 105 fever, in and out of consciousness, wanted to drain knee, had staff infection, concerned for her life and her leg at risk, stitches opened, bad, swollen infection, wasn't holding together. Tried to get fever down, took extraordinary measures to try to help her, almost died. Year later, two more surgeries. Tried to play volleyball again, knees swollen, another infection. Had severe bone on bone damage and cartilage damage. Seven surgeries. Couldn't walk for five minutes. Discussed a joint replacement option. Went to Gerard Malanga, MD, in New Jersey for stem cells (Regenexx) to try to regenerate the cartilage. Can I run again, squat again, play volleyball again??? Yes to all of them. It was not what she expected, because she was so used to things being so bad. Within four months, was sprinting on a tread mill (after being told by other doctors that she'd never run again), going at 11 miles per hour. 1.5 years later, can squat 225 lbs, and played volleyball again, which she never thought would be possible. Did it.
- Patient (5): Couldn't walk up stairs without pain. Ice, therapy, medication (3x/day for life -- not normal for the body, or healthy). Constantly felt lousy. Putting on weight. Cranky due to ongoing pain. Orthopedic surgeon recommended arthroscopic surgery. Two months: no pain relief, and got worse. Orthopedic surgeon: next step, insert gel. Felt like knee floating around, knees got worse. 5% active, where before, was 75-80% active. Orthopedic surgeon: next step, knee replacement surgery (pictures). Last thing wanted to do. Stem cell procedure changed his life. New Jersey Regenerative Medicine Clinic. In 1 month, off of pain medication completely. Working out within 6 weeks. Absolutely incredible. No limitations, and fully active.
- Patient (6): Bad pain climbing few stairs. Lots of pain getting up from kneeling. Don't mind having things fixed, but not replaced. Stem cell procedure: minimum pain, next day, riding his bike. Now, can get up from kneeling and doesn't feel anything. Hoping to be able to ski a long time with stem cells (5 mile hike up mountain, then ski down), thinks he'll be OK. Couldn't do before stem cells. Chris Centeno, MD, who pioneered the procedure in 2005, explains Regenexx stem cell procedures. Use your cells to try to heal your body. Allows patients to stay active as they get older, and sort of stay one step ahead of father time. The knee replacements don't last forever, and are still limited in what they can do.
- Patient (7): Active again in few weeks' time, and dancing again. Much less risk than knee replacement. How it works. The future of medicine.
- Patient (8): Avoiding knee replacement surgery, had meniscus surgery, physician observed no cartilage adhering. After surgery, knee was worse, stopped patient from doing anything, problems going down stairs, bending knee. After stem cells, feels fine. How the procedure is done. Using stem cells to heal a meniscus tear. Some relief within days and weeks. Exercising within few days to help the stem cells form new cartilage. Patient feeling great few days after the procedure. From trouble walking, and need to ice knee for hours, to walking down stairs three days after having the procedure. Procedure can be used in other joints too (such as hands, feet, shoulder rotator cuff tear). New cartilage clearly evident on before/after MRIs. Healing a 1 inch gap in a tendon in the rotator cuff, with a procedure that took 1 day to do, almost completely healed. Safe, effective procedures. (2012)
- Detailed video lecture on Stem Cells and the Knee, by Chris Centeno, MD, (2/18/17), and Speaking at the Vatican on Stem Cells for Knee Arthritis (8/16/12) (injections vs. surgery)
- Placebo effect of drugs vs. sugar pills and "placebo knee surgery" vs. actual knee surgery): the healing power of the brain.
- Stem cells as an Alternative to Knee Meniscus Surgery
- Interventional Orthopedics Isn’t Magic Pixie Dust - It’s Creative Disruption, Chris Centeno, MD, (3/9/17)
- 150 page report on Orthopedics 2.0: How Regenerative Medicine and Interventional Orthopedics Will Change Everything, by Chris Centeno, MD
- Can Stem Cells Help Knee Arthritis? (1/15/15)
- Chris Centeno, MD Twitter posts (for latest news) and regenexx.com.
- Dr. David Steenblock: http://personalized-regenerative-medicine.com, Ethical Stem Cells Now.
- Dr. Nathan Wei: Stem Cells and Plasma Rich Platelets. Tissue regeneration, renew and repair cartilage loss, repair damaged tendons and ligaments with stem cells vs. anti-inflammatory medications, steroid injections, rooster cone injections, physical therapy and joint replacement surgery (unsatisfactory treatments). How can we reverse the process of cartilage, tendon and ligament degeneration? Cuts heal. Mesenchymal stem cells can become any kind of tissue, and they are present in our bone marrow. So, any person at any age has these cells available. Seeds + fertile soil (platelet rich plasma [PRP], a component of blood, which contains many growth factors, and serves as sort of a soil) + a framework, or a matrix + a guided delivery system. How it works.
- Drugs as a Cause of Joint Cartilage Degeneration:
- NSAIDs Prevent Healing by Causing Stem Cells to Produce Defective Cartilage (Naprosyn Messes Up Cartilage), Chris Centeno, MD (6/29/16)
- The Acceleration of Articular Cartilage Degeneration in Osteoarthritis by Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs: Bayer Aspirin; Advil/Motrin, Ibuprofen; Aleve, Naproxen and others; and, possibly Tylenol, acetaminophen)
- Drug-induced depletion of nutrients known to be essential for human health and joint cartilage health and regeneration
- Books detailing the effects of drug-induced depletion of nutrients known to be essential for human health
- Toxins as a Cause of Joint Cartilage Degeneration and Lack of Regeneration:
- Toxins cause mitochondrial (cell energy center) dysfunction, and directly inhibit cartilage cells from functioning and regenerating
- Related must-read book: The Toxin Solution - How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Are Using are Destroying Our Health, and What We Can Do To Fix It (2)
- Getting the brain and body more active in healing
- Additional info on stem cells and healing
10.7 Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 7 Day Meal Plan
- 7 day diet providing 100% of the RDAs for essential nutrients for health
- New book (Feb, 2017): The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health -- And What We Can Do to Fix It. Toxin exposure has now been clearly linked to most major healthcare concerns - cancer, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis and many others. Book website: https://thetoxinsolution.com.
- The author of the above book began his studies in medicine after watching the girlfriend of his college roommate be healed of rheumatoid arthritis, by effectively supporting the body's detoxification systems. He explains this on the first 2-5 videos of this video playlist on naturopathic medicine, detoxification and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Parasites as a Cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Resolutions: 3 Easy Naturopathic Lifestyle Tweaks
- The Pain of Rheumatoid Arthritis: Nature's Intended Reaction
10.8 Appendicitis (inflammation of the, more appropriately named, "immune, detoxification, digestive and hormonal support organ")
(Draft version, last update: 4/17/17, 12:20 PM.)
The below content presents information on the known functions of the appendix, known causes of appendicitis, and methods suggested by top authors from the fields of nutrition-based medicine, naturopathic medicine, and natural healthcare, for improving the health of the appendix and digestive health. Links to nutritional supplements are to popular, example products from within the natural products industry (not specific product recommendations).
- Appendix Functions:
- "A lymphoid organ that opens into the first part of the large intestine." (1)
- "has mucosa resembling that of the colon, but here it is heavily infiltrated with lymphocytes." (2)
- "A lymphocyte is one of the subtypes of white blood cell in a vertebrate's immune system. Lymphocytes include natural killer cells (NK cells) (which function in cell-mediated, cytotoxic innate immunity), T cells (for cell-mediated, cytotoxic adaptive immunity), and B cells (for humoral, antibody-driven adaptive immunity). They are the main type of cell found in lymph, which prompted the name 'lymphocyte.' " (3)
- T and B cells are key anti-cancer cells.
- "In the fetus, the appendix contains endocrine cells that manufacture hormones and other important body chemicals." (1)
- "In young adults, the appendix is believed to play a part in the functioning of the immune system. It is involved in the maturation of B lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell) [B cells, as listed above] and assists in producing an antibody called immunoglobulin A" (1; links added)
- "Immunoglobulin A (IgA, also referred to as sIgA) is an antibody that plays a crucial role in the immune function of mucous membranes. The amount of IgA produced in association with mucosal membranes is greater than all other types of antibody combined. In absolute terms, between three and five grams are secreted into the intestinal lumen each day. This represents up to 15% of total immunoglobulins produced throughout the body.
- Involved with production of good bacteria for the intestines (which are a major part of our health, since there are 10x more bacteria in our intestines, than there are cells in our bodies; this bacteria also has anti-cancer effects; and, a study of 1,165 colon cancer patients showed that 67 percent had their appendix removed). (4)
- "...The appendix exudes a small amount of oil, in its healthy operating state, that aids in lubricating the cecum and the ascending colon. This is the only section, the ascending colon, of the large bowel where the food particles must go uphill, and the small amount of lubrication is definitely an advantage when the fecal matter is heavy and lacking adequate moisture to move easily with peristaltic action." (4)
- About Appendicitis:
- Video (an informative video, but the information stated on no known side effects of surgery is not accurate, as documented above, and below)
- "It can be either acute or chronic." (6)
- "The risk of developing appendicitis increases after a recent illness, especially a gastrointestinal infection or a roundworm infection." (1; link added).
- Natural medicines helpful for curing eliminating a gastrointestinal infection: probiotics, digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid, Swedish bitters, and other digestive support herbs.
- "Behaviors that increase risk of poor digestive function: chronic use of antibiotics, eating commercially vs. organically grown foods, excessively large meals or high levels of sugar, fat or refined foods, not regularly taking a multivitamin and mineral supplement, taking antacids." (5)
- "To improve nutritional status: Eat organically grown foods. Take a high quality multivitamin and mineral supplement..." (5)
- "To improve digestion: Take herbal bitters with meals. Take one or two 10-grain tablets of betaine hydrochloride with pepsin. (2: See About the Product). Have your stools tested for parasites if you have been to a Third World country or are in close contact with someone who has. Supplement with acidophilus (such as HMF or Eugalin Forte) once a day between meals." (5; links added)
- Appendicitis Causes (address the causes of illness to truly cure illness):
- "Appendicitis is primarily caused by improper diet." (1)
- "Most cases involve a blockage of the large intestine resulting from a fiber deficient diet." (1)
- "Appendicitis, whether chronic or acute, can be caused by a low-fiber, junk-food diet, a toxic colon from long-standing poor digestion, or chronic constipation. I can also follow a viral or bacterial infection." (6)
- "It may be caused by a faulty digestion, intestinal catarrh, fecal concretions and, in comparatively rare cases, by foreign particles being lodged in the appendix. This is the explanation given by Otto Mausert, N.D., Herbs." (4)
- Stress can greatly inhibit digestive function. (There are so many nerves going to the digestive tract, it is being called the "second brain" these days.)
- Denosumab (aka Prolia and Xgeva) and other pharmaceutical drugs can cause appendicitis.
- Lita Lee, PhD, was a co-author of a book on enzymes, http://www.litalee.com/shopcontent.asp?type=AboutUs (a co-author with Burton Goldberg, whose website I used to manage). In her book, she mentioned that deficiencies of enzymes are a cause of appendicitis (and poor digestion, digestive tract related problems, bone problems, osteoporosis, arthritis, bone spurs and many other healthcare concerns). There was very good section on enzymes and appendicitis (chronic vs. acute) in her book, with case history healing examples, written in 1997. It might be helpful to call her to hear about her current research on the topic.
- "...Since pathology rules, I could not treat her other problems, such as bone pain, weight gain and nutritional deficiencies, until I had dealt with them." Meaning, the causes of the condition [inflammation of the appendix, a part of the large intestine, due to poor digestive function or other factors listed here] must be addressed, or other conditions related to the cause will not be addressed, and the appendix would be needlessly surgically removed.
- "Appendicitis is an acute or chronic inflammation (presence of leukocytes or pus) with or without infection (presence of bacteria) of the appendix, medically termed the vermiform appendix and located at the cecal end of the large intestine, or colon."
- "Chronic appendicitis seems to be a common condition, even amoung young children. Symptoms cary widely and often go unrecognized. They may range from vague complaints, such as mild nauaea or stomachache, slight headache, and a general feeling of malaise, to sever abdominal paints without fever, severe nausea or vomiting, and chronic vomiting episodes without fever or pain. While acute appendicitis symptoms include nausea and vomiting, it is uaually, but not always, accompanied by fever and extreme pain. Another difference between the two conditions is that in chronic appendicitis, symptoms disappear between episodes. In acute appendicitis, the symptoms do not disappear and the condition can be fatal without surgery."
- "In much of Europe, chronic appendicitis is a recognized health condition and it is often treated with both antibiotics and nutritional remedies. Surgery is avoided unless the condition is judged to be life threatening. In America, most doctors do not recognize chronic appendicitis, and the general opinion is that all cases of appendicitis are acute, requiring surgery. However, there are American health practitioners who believe chronic appendicitis can be reversed with diet and nutritional therapy. Unfortunately, most people who have chronic appendicitis don't realize it until it has developed into a life-threatening condition."
- "Patient History: Two Years of Pain with Chronic Nausea Reversed..." (6)
- Related conditions, diet and nutritional supplements utilized: low thyroid function addressed, whole foods diet, carrots, Citricidal (grapefruit seed extract), enzyme supplements, and soil-based organisms (beneficial microbes, or probiotics, found in soil).
- Possible cause: food sensitivities.
- "To lessen the risk of appendicitis, you should eat a diet high in soluble fiber, avoid refined and fried foods, and limit your intake of cooked animal products to one servinig a day." (1)
- Problems Resulting from Appendicitis:
- "The blockage stops the natural flow of fluids, which facilitates the growth of harmful bacteria from the intestinal tract, resulting in inflammation of the appendix." (1)
- It appears that the condition is being healed effectively without surgery (examples listed above and below) by addressing the causes of the illnesses, and supporting the body's healing systems.
- The below information "Natural Cure Examples for Appendicitis" provides some details on how appendicitis was commonly treated before surgery became popular for healthcare concerns (although, not always needed, nor the optimal healthcare choice; examples: trigger finger, osteoarthritis). And, the above information on enzymes provides additional, successful, "address the cause," current non-surgical treatment options.
- "Surgery decreases the risk of side effects or death associated with rupture of the appendix. Antibiotics may be equally effective in certain cases of non-ruptured appendicitis." (2)
- Natural antibiotics (listed below, some of which are equally effective to antibiotics) and natural immune, digestive and inflammation supporting methods may therefore also be equally effective (or more effective) in certain cases of non-ruptured appendicitis.
- "It is one of the most common and significant causes of severe abdominal pain that comes on quickly worldwide. In 2013 about 16 million cases of appendicitis occurred. This resulted in 72,000 deaths globally. (2)
- 1/222 people died from the condition. The statistic does not differentiate between those who had surgery, and those who did not. (Wikipedia, The Lancet)
- "According to the CDC, over 320,000 people are hospitalized each year, and up to 400 Americans die due to appendicitis."
- 1/800 Americans with appendicitis died from the condition. The statistic does not differentiate between those who had surgery, and those who did not. (Mercola, The CDC)
- The surgery benefits are misleading, because they discount (and do not count) the adverse affects of appendix removal.
- Natural Cure Examples for Appendicitis:
- Address the causes, listed above.
- Enzyme therapy, listed above.
- http://www.herballegacy.com/Appendicitis.html (Dr. John R. Christopher's formulas were used by Nature's Way herbs, a top herb company, and Dr. Christopher is considered on of American's top "old time" herbalists. The article also references Jethro Kloss, author of Back to Eden, a classic book on herbal medicine and natural healthcare.)
- "Vitamin A enhances immunity and protects against infection ... B vitamins are necessary for proper assimilation of all nutrients ... Vitamin C helps detoxify the system, protect against infection, and enhances immunity ... Vitamin E promotes healing ... Chlorophyll helps speed cleansing of the bloodstream." (1)
- Goldenseal has proven to be a highly effective herbal antibiotic, healing even severe infections and inflammation, when combined with other natural treatments for immune support (such as echinacea, vitamin C, vitamin A and zinc). (5) Goldenseal has some of the same immune supporting properties as bayberry bark, mentioned here (4).
- Ginger and turmeric help with many healthcare concerns related to the immune system, digestion, inflammation and detoxification.
- Vitamin A can help normalize fevers, and potassium has many beneficial effects on health (daily value recommended for potassium is 4-5x higher than calcium).
- Treatment summary for appendicitis, based upon the above links (immune support, digestive support and hydration to possibly remove blockages in the appendix):
- Lots of water, lots of rest, and reduce stress.
- Probiotics (beneficial bacteria help overall digestive health and immune function).
- Organic foods (higher in nutrients and soil organisms that promote improved health; agricultural chemicals cause many adverse health effective, including harm/inflammation to the digestive tract).
- Vegetable juice (2/3 carrot, or carrot and apple, and 1/3 greens and peas). Beta carotene / vitamin A (originally called the "anti-infective nutrient" in carrots helps immune system fight infections (rather than taking antibiotics, which kill probiotics). Greens are high in many nutrients, including carotenes (some of which convert to vitamin A), chlorophyll, vitamin C, B vitamins, vitamin K and minerals. Peas are high in B vitamins and protein. Popular "heal all" vegetable juice blend: raw potassium broth. (4) And, other juices, such as cucumber lemon; apple ginger; carrot, apple, ginger; carrot, apple, turmeric, etc.
- Nature's antibiotics: goldenseal root (3-4 capsules, 3-4x per day) and 2-4 cloves of garlic, mixed in a mashed avocado. Have some garlic/avocado mix with vegetable juice (the fats in avocado help absorption of fat-soluble nutrients vitamins A, D, E and K). (5)
- Lymphatic system support: echinacea (3-4 capsules, 3-4x per day) and garlic. (5)
- Slippery elm tea (or gruel). Purchase online. May help elimination of blockage. (4)
- Soak flax seeds in water for a few hours (forms a gel type of water), and drink the water. May help elimination blockage. (4)
- 2-3 inches of fresh aloe leaf gel. Healing to the digestive tract, with well-documented antibacterial, and antiviral effects. (5)
- Soaked sunflower seeds (top source of vitamin E, for immune support, helping normalize inflammation, and healing for mucous membranes).
- Finely blend slippery elm (few TBS), soaked flax seeds (about 1 TBS), flax seeds soaking water, sunflower seeds (few TBS), aloe gel, and extra water to make a mixture. Oats can also be soaked overnight and blended in, with 1 TBS of lecithin. Raisins or fresh fruit can be added (chew well fruit with seeds, like strawberries or blueberries). http://www.emeraldcityclinic.com/educational/pdfs/immune_breakfast.pdf.
- Lots of water and fluids may help eliminate the blockage.
- Cabbage juice. One liter per day of fresh juice taken throughout the day resulted in total ulcer healing (confirmed by x-rays) in an average of only 10 days. High in vitamin C, sulfur compounds and glutamine (promotes healing of the digestive tract). (5)
- 1 gm of glutamine on days when not having cabbage juice. (5)
- Eliminate common food sensitivities: dairy, wheat, eggs, peanuts, soy, fish, shellfish, nuts.
- High-potency multivitamin and mineral (1 tab, 3x per day), vitamin C with bio-flavonoids (1 gm, 3x per day), pancreatic enzymes (1 tab with each mean/snack/juice). (5; 1)
- Take one or two 10-grain tablets of betaine hydrochloride with pepsin. (2: See About the Product). (5)
- Digestive analysis for parasites (price: about $250-300, results take about 2 weeks). Enzymes, garlic, goldenseal, probiotics and HCl are all also common recommendations for parasites. (5)
- Enemas and colonics may also help soften and eliminate blockages. (4)
- Plenty of sunlight (Vitamin D for immune optimization and inflammation normalizing effects).
- Prayer and the mind actively involved in healing.
- Naturopathic doctors, experts in nutrition-based medicine and natural healthcare, were recently licensed in PA and MA as family physicians (on an equal or similar level as MDs), and they can likely provide additional help.
Appendicitis section references:
- Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing, Balsch
- Total Wellness: Discover The Body's Healing Systems and How They Can Work for You!, Pizzorno
- The Enzyme Cure, by Lee, Turner and Goldberg
10.9 Men's Health
- Testosterone and Cardiovascular Risk in Men
- Chronic Prostatitis and Pain: Getting to the Root and Resolving It
- Mail Infertility: Natural Approaches to a Common Problem
- A Healthy Brain: Keeping Our Men Thinking Clearly with Age
10.10 Women's and Children's Health
- Preconception Planning
- Female Infertility: Case Studies Using Naturopathic Interventions
- Natural Medicine Journal: Pediatrics Special Issue
- Preventing Osteoporosis and Modifying Fracture Risk
10.11 Vaccine Information
- https://avivaromm.com/childrens-health/ | Books on Women's and Children's Health, and Vaccines
10.12 Healthcare Insurance Alternatives to Obamacare
10.13 Smoking, Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- The Cross and the Switchblade, by Pastor David Wilkerson
- Watch the Cross and the Switchblade (made into a movie/DVD) on YouTube
- Testimony by Niki Cruz (the NY city gang leader mentioned in The Cross and the Switchblade)
- Teen Challenge: Over 200 Christian centers founded upon Pastor Wilkerson's mission of helping teens and adults overcome drugs and other life challenges.
- DVD: Addiction - Getting the Monkey Off Your Back, by Burton Goldberg
- Nutrients levels adversely affected by drug and alcohol addiction, and related adverse health effects:
- Nutritional Medicine, by Gaby
- Natural Medicine, Optimal Wellness, by Wright and Gaby
- Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, by Murray and Pizzorno
- Textbook of Natural Medicine, by Murray and Pizzorno
- Alternative Medicine, The Definitive Guide, by Goldberg
- Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing, by Balch
- Nutrient Dense Foods List
- Nutrient Dense Foods Book/Cookbook
- Tobacco Smoking: Impacts on Health and Tips for Cessation
11. Declaration of Independence
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
Sign the Declaration of Independence online, and print your copy:
Quotes from our nation's founders:
Free, printable U.S. Constitution booklet: